Day 2: A Great Search in Morocco

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 2: A Great Search in Morocco

Part of our Community's month of celebration (Day 2)

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great weekend.

At the beginning of this year (2017) we announced the winners of the 2016 Stories Content here in the Community Center. There were some amazing stories and it was pleasure to read them. Today, I was thinking of what I would like to share with you all, and then I thought of this animation depicting the story from one of the winners. It shows the real life story of a host and their guest searching for a family in Morocco, who the guest had stayed with many years ago. 

If you are like me, I think you are going to enjoy it! 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

To read other posts from our Community's month of celebration, view here.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

5 Replies 5
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

That’s a sweet animation, @Lizzie! I have read the story before, when it was in the contest, but I don’t remember that it was animated. 

The animation makes it a real film 😉 who does that? Airbnb or is the story teller also an illustrator?

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Lizzie, Thank you for sharing this!  How lovely, touching... got a little misty-eyed! 

(oooooo! I can hardly wait to share mine!) 🙂

Best,

Kim
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Aww so beautiful to read, I’m going to go and read the other stories later 😉 didn’t know there was a competition. Very cool. 

@Ria16, it's not a competition, hosts are sharing best stories--one each day (hopefully!) for the month of December.  There are still spaces on the calander if you'd like to sign up and share!  Get in touch with @Lizzie for the available spaces--jump in!  (My story will be on the 9th.)

Best,

Kim
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks @Helga0@Ria16 and @Kimberly54 for your comments. I agree with you Kim, I went a little misty-eyed too, plus I realised I was smilling pretty hard at my computer (which is always a little embarrasing)! hehe

This was a written story which was submitted by Imad for the Stories Contest 2016, which was launched at the Airbnb Open last year. As this was one of the winning entries, Airbnb made it into this lovely animation, I think the voices are the actual people speaking. 🙂 If you would like to read his story it is here in our Stories board.

It definitely makes me want to visit Morocco. Have you ever been? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.