Coupon Code on Ipad App - My $100 or $100 to give to a friend?

Sarah316
Level 2
Austin, TX

Coupon Code on Ipad App - My $100 or $100 to give to a friend?

Hi!

Under the "Credits & Coupons" section on my app it says "Coupon" and has a code with $100 next to it. Underneath it says "Restrictions apply" and then "Invite friend for more credit."

My question is, is this coupon code for me to use for $100 off a trip I am planning on taking or for me to share with friends so they can recieve $100 off? I don't see this code listed anywhere on my browser and I don't remember there being a reason for me to have the code apply to myself, except that I've been a Superhost for several years. Thank you for your help!

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sarah316,

The coupon is for you to use when making a reservation. Coupons aren't transferable.

The "restrictions apply" section should give the expiration date. They're, usually, valid for a year from the date of issue.

You should have received an email at the time that the coupon was granted. To find the email, you could try using the search function on your email application to search for the coupon code.

You may have received it as a reward for being a superhost.

I found the article below by clicking on "Help" and typing "coupon" in the search box.

How do I use a coupon code?

Steve.

Thank you Steve! Very helpful. When I click on the 'Restrictions apply' link, my iPad just 'copies the link to clipboard' instead of opening up the link. I may need to try to open it on another device to view this. 

One more question. I don't see where I can view this coupon on my browser. Do you know where I can find it?

Hello @Sarah316,

I'm not sure about the iOS App as I don't have an Apple device. On the Android app there isn't a "Restrictions apply" link to click. It's just a heading under which any restrictions, such as expiry date, are listed.

I can't find any place where it's listed on the website. Click on any of the "Travel credit" buttons or menu options just brings up a page where I can invite others to join and there's no mention of the coupon that I can see on the app.

Steve.

InkedScreenshot_2017-11-30-13-02-26_LI.jpg

I was able to view the code in the webpage on a laptop under my credits tab. Thanks again for your help Steve!