Co-Hosting

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

Co-Hosting

'' We recently announced that we’re removing the co-host split payout feature as of August 1. The co-hosting program will continue; only the payment system will change. We understand this may impact how you do business, so we want to give you background on why this change was made, along with some suggestions for how you can get paid now.

When we originally added the split payout feature, the co-hosting program was much smaller. But as the community grew, we realized the feature was no longer addressing all the needs of hosts and co-hosts or meeting our internal standards. We know this feature is important to certain co-hosts and will keep you posted as we work on a new one and continue to improve the co-hosting program''

This email from airbnb arrived to 'explain' why the co-hosting programme is ending.

Vague and nebulous come to mind as there isn't a proper explaination as far as I can see.

I'd would say if you were to 'continue to improve the co-host programme' you don't break the old program and leave an indefinite gap meantime.

I'm disheartened by the lack of trust, clarity, reliability and lack of leadership. This feels like a fob them off email.

1 Reply 1
Clint-and-Kendall0
Level 3
Daytona Beach, FL

I agree that it's ridiculous that they are removing the split payment program without a proper replacement prepared. However, I think I have an idea why they are doing so based off of personal experience with the program. We worked as co-hosts on our parents' Airbnb, and we were supposed to be receiving a 25% payout for each stay. However, for every future stay, and I do mean EVERY stay, the projected payout was significantly below 25%. The strange part was every single stay, the projected payout was a different percentage, 13%, 19%, 16%, 11%... it seemed completely random, but it was NEVER 25%.

I was SO frustrated by this and did everything I possibly could to get resolution. I called customer service multiple times, I complained on all of Airbnb's social media channels, I even commented on Airbnb's CEO's personal Twitter page begging for him to get someone to help me lol.

Bottom line- they said it was a bug and they didn't know when they would be able to fix it. Their solution? Disconnect our payment credentials from my parents' account, and have them pay us directly. I was furious and couldn't believe this was their idea of customer service, but this was honestly the answer I received. Their tech team simply couldn't figure out a fix.

That was 3 weeks ago. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I don't think so. My gut is that they were having too many issues with the service and decided to just cut their losses until they figure out a solution.