Check in times

Debra219
Level 2
Bittern, Australia

Check in times

We have strict listing of check in tiems between 2pm and 8pm.  We had a guest arrive at 11am when we contacted them about arriving 3 hours early they produced a message thay received from airbnb indicating that their check in times were between 10am and noon, they forwarded a copy of this to us.  I rechecked our times from our end and it clearly stated 2pm to 8pm.  Is this a common glitch?  It would have been a nightmare if we still had guests in the cottage with an 11am checkout.  Is this a time zone issue or just something in the Airbnb program?.    

2 Replies 2
Karen74
Level 3
Morristown, NJ

HIDebra, 

I'm not sure about Airbnb and the time zone difference, but I always send my guests a note giving specific details regarding their stay.  One of those details is the specific check in and check out times.  I would make sure you do that in the future.  I do it a couple days in advance to welcome and thank them for chosing my place.

Yes, we generally do that but that doesn't resolve the issue of a contradictory time being generated and sent to them by the Airbnb portal.  They actually sent me a screenshot indicating there times for check in were between 10am-12 noon, I just want to know how or why that seems to have been randomly generated by the booking system.