Changing a reservation

Carol74
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Changing a reservation

My guest wanted to change a 2 week reservation from the second and third week of the month to the third and forth week.  BTW...it was two days before the arrival date!  

After reading The problems people had changing the reservation, I suggested she cancel the one reservation and make a new reservation. Unfortunately, she was getting charged on both ends from ABnB.  

Any suggestions on what would have been the best way to do this in case it happens again?

i won't even go into all the other complications around this.  That's another topic!

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You (or the guest) should never cancel if your intention is to change dates, even at last minute.

You go to the reservation and click on Change/Cancel and make the amendment there (either you or the guest can do this) and the other party will need to accept the change.

The challenge is where people have a strict cancellation policy - however in most cases you can, with some fiddling around with a calculator, work out the total cost and either issue a refund or a Special Offer to collect addtional charges.

Mike77
Level 10
Bend, OR

She made the error, she should have to pay.  Tell her to take it up with AirBnB if she wants to get a discount.  Not your job to fix her error.

Mike