Cannot find my listing

Cannot find my listing

I am a host and cannot find my house on the Air BnB site when searching under the town. How can I improve my listing so it features on the first page?

Can anyone else find it?  Estepona, Frontline Beach House - Villa Mariposa, Arroyo Vaquero

9 Replies 9
Gritta0
Level 10
Berlin, Germany

I found it OK....both under the village name and Estepona (if I put villa/9 guests). There are hundreds of properties in Estepona so you need to be specific.

I had a similar problem which turned out to be that I was not showing in the main town only the village so had to change the address to get it to work.

That was a task and a half......but yours seems to be OK as far as I can see.

I listed my apartment in Kalkan Turkey yesterday but can't find it unless I sign in as the owner.   It would be good to have a reference number, as Owners Direct do, so that we can tell our friends on twitter or facebook and they can immediately find it don't you think?

Michelle38
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I absolutely agree! We have several listings on Airbnb, representing many home-owners. When they want to see their listing, they can't find it. We cannot send them a link either as we cannot find it! It is appaling.

I have a listing in the Grassmarket in Edinburgh's old town.  There are 17 pages of listings in the area, but mine is not there. It is called the Grassmarket Flat so you would expect to find it in this area, but no. Widen the search to the Old Town, Edinburgh, still no. Even further, Edinburgh, still no.  As a result, I have no bookings and clearly if there is no listing shown, I won't get any in the future. I have searched previously and have found my listing, but searched again and it is gone!

Havng a real problem with this and wanted to contact Airbnb to complain but can't find out how to do this. There seems to be no way through the site to make contact and all they have is a help page which, quite frankly, is useless. Their customer service is apalling, seeming content to allow owners to sort issues out amongst themselves.  Does anyone know how to resolve this, or have a contact telephoe number/email address for this company?

Many thanks, Tom, Edinburgh, Scotland,UK

Martin32
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, VN

Thanks Tom

I am having the same problem as you.  Did you find a solution?

I had a guest who contacted me through a 3 party and l gave them the name of my listing but they still couldn't find my listing.  I am in prime location with great reviews and ususally have 3 or 4 inquiries per week.  However, the last 3 inquiries l just didn't feel happy with the guests and declined them. There is no way in contacting Airbnb and would like to know if declining guests puts the search right at the back of the queue or makes it very hard to find.

The guests l have now complained about not being able to find my listing.

This is a very important issue as as being a host, hosts are dependant on an income with a risk factor and if the income isn't coming because of not being able to find a host's listing, it is very serious.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mar

Elizabeth38
Level 1
Denpasar City, Indonesia

I have put in all the relevant details into the search engine, (e.g. rooms, location, villa name, area, bathrooms etc) and my villa does not appear.  It only appears when I log in as a host or if I give friends the villa number.  I have not recieved one enquiry in just about a year.  The only people who have booked are friends wanted to stay.  How can I improve this so people can see my villa.  Any help appreciated as everyone says AirBNB gives the best bookings.  My house is gorgeous.  What is the problem!

Cheers

Kebun House, Denpasar, Bali, 4 bedrooms

Hi Elizabeth,

I got some advice from Airbnb to unlisted the listing for few second and switch back again.

You can find this function in your listing settings > in the very left corner, with the green colour dot.

I hope it works. It worked for me and got an inquiry soon after.

Mar

HI did this work for you?? I have the same issue, no enquiries or bookings and it is season and everywhere else is full!