Cancelling Instant book reservation

Merilin0
Level 1
Bondi Beach, Australia

Cancelling Instant book reservation

I'm an Instant book host and would like to know, which charges apply if I cancel a booking or how does it affect my account? I have a guest requesting to stay, but he has no information on his profile, no background can be verified, also I have a minimum of 3 nights stay and they want to leave after 2 nights, yet still pay for 3 nights. So I'm hesitant as I've never hosted before and don't want to have a bad experience. Another question - how can I connect to AirBnB team to explain this case? Much appreciated 🙂
2 Replies 2
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

If you google airbnb phone # it will come up, but it isn't super visible on the site.  I also cancelled my first instant book guest after explaining my concerns, and airbnb did so without charge.  You can change your instant book settings to require verified ID and previous reviews.  Basically, go through every section of your listing - each and every tab - and make sure the settings reflect what you would want.  That should help with future instant bookings.  If a non-reviewed guest tries to instant book, they will instead have the opportunity to make a request, which you pre-approve or decline. 

Rosemary12
Level 9
Burnaby, Canada

I agree with the other host that setting up your listing so you get to pre-approve a guest is a good idea. It saves having to cancel if you feel the guest is not a good fit. I have been hosting for 3 years and never had any negative feedback from guests when I require verification. I want to know in advance who wants to stay and that they have been verified ahead of time.