Cancelled reservation in my calendar

Mikael18
Level 2
Delft, Netherlands

Cancelled reservation in my calendar

Hej!

I had to cancel a reservation as a host as the guest thought the location of our village was much closer to Amsterdam that what it is. Also, he tried to reserve a date that was blocked. I have cancelled the reservation with the guest however it is still blocked by him in my calendar.

Will this disappear automatically?

Rgds

Mika

6 Replies 6
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Mikael18,

No, it won't disappear automatically. Airbnb blocks the dates permanently when a host cancels a reservation. It's one of the penalties they apply when hosts cancel. See the article below for others.

I'm a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

If you need to cancel a reservation you should always contact Airbnb support first. If the cancelation reason is accepted by them they may do the cancelation with no penalties.

Your listing has instant book and instant book hosts are allowed to cancel some reservations for some reasons without penalties. You should contact Airbnb support to see if they agree with your cancelation reason and can unblock the dates.

Steve.

Hi Steve.

Thank you for you help. I am new to this so every little bit of information helps a great deal.

Hope you have a nice evening.

Best regards

Mikael 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Mikael18 ,

If you cancel a reservation, you will be penalized by Airbnb. The dates will remain blocked. The guest should have cancelled the reservation, it's his fault no checking distance of your location to Amsterdam.

best regards, Emiel

Hi Emiel. 

Thanks for your reply and information. It would have cost them a fortune to get 6 people back and forth to Amsterdam everyday.

Have a nice evening. 

Mikael

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In this situation the guest not you should cancel, as they are the ones who have made the error. You need to call Airbnb as soon as possible and explain to them what happened they will be able to see the guest wanted to cancel. And should lift the blocked dates.

It sounds like you have set up your listing before reading up on how Airbnb works. Why not 'snooze' your listing while you read up on Airbnb Help Centre and the useful community guides and tutorials on this forum.

Instant Book isn't usually a good idea for new hosts. I would recommend you turn it off until you are more familiar with how Airbnb works.

Thanks Helen. 

I have followed your advice and turned the instant book off.

Have a nice evening. 

Mikael