Cancellation

Stavros-Joseph0
Level 1
Athens, Greece

Cancellation

Hello there

I have a guest who has checked in to my house.

The full number of days she would stay according to the original booking was 23.

Before checking in she asked if she could come earlier and rent the house extra days.

Although I prepared the house she didnt come and as a good gesture I did not consider charging those days.

When it came to the orginal booking she kept postponing the day she would arrive never giving appropriate information as to what day she would arrive and when she did it was 3 in the morning for which my father stayed up to pick her up from the harbour and take her to the house. Half way through her stay she asked if she could extend her stay. I said yes and asked her to confirm and although I waited for a week in the end she did not extend her stay. Now she is asking to leave ealier than planned and is asking for a refund. My canellation policy is moderate. The nights she will not spend are 5 so 50% makes it a 2,5 nights refund. I was wondering if considering all the back and forth I have been through I can offer her a less refund perharps 2 nights ?

Thank you for your time

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

An enquiry is just an enquiry until the booking is made, so I do not do anything until the actually make the reservation. Until then it is just talk. 

Someone leaving early well the cancellation conditions will determine what they get back, if anything.

David
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Tell her you will be happy to refund the full amount if you can re-let the space