Cancellation Complaint

Timothy17
Level 2
Harvard, MA

Cancellation Complaint

Hello Fellow AirBNB Hosts,

Am hoping someone can help me with a host cancellation question.....

I havea number of listings.  I decided to go with the "instant book" on one of them.  I post my criteria (full verifications, and good reviews).  I received a booking for an immediate move-in.  Uponm viewing the reviews (absolutely awful) and inaccurate verifications, I cancelled the booking.  I immediately called AirBNB to make sure I would not be charged a cancellation fee, or receive negative feedback.  I was assurred by an AirBNB rep I would not, and that there would be no negativity generated.  

I have now learned that I did in fact get charged a cancellation fee of $50, and have a cancellation on my record.  How do I resove this?  I cannot find any AirBNB help top resolve this.  

Hope for some assistance fellow hosts......

Tim

7 Replies 7
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

For future use, call ABB and get them to cancel, you did it back to front, all you can do is call them again and see if they will change this.

David

Call the same number you called the first time where you were assured that you wouldn't be charged. Talk to them again.  

Where is the number that someone answers? I have three cancellations against me. Two were because the calendar had not updated to show unavailable and I was charged £100 penalty per cancellation. The third was a guest who claims she did not receive the property information (never an issue before and there is proof of sending) she cancelled and went to a hotel but I was also charged for this. Now I have three cancellations against me. I would like them removed but can't get hold of anyone. 

Nicholas44
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi guys,

My account has been hacked and the hacker changed my description.

He put his own email address: fastbookings@europe.com and asked my guest to contact him via email and then gave my guest wrong information about my place.

Due to this problem, my guest requiere an immediate full refund when she arrive at my place. She was very angry.

She didn't want to leave my place unless she has a ferm confirmation of the refund,

I am now out of my pocket for around $2,000 due to the lack of security in the Airbnb system.

How can I address this issue ?

And to whom I should speak to?

Thank you for your help.

Nicholas, sorry to bother you but I did a search on "fastbookings@europe.com" which directed me to your complaint.  I hope you were able to get your money back from your transaction.  

I am about to reserve a place who asked us to email her at this same address "fastbookings@europe.com" to confirm that there wouldn't be any double-bookings.  I'm hesitant to book via Air BnB if this is a scam.  Did you happen to find out if this is a email scam?  Thank you for any information you can provide.

Just had 2 people book from Lindenwold.

Keep messages on the AirBnB platform, no need to go outside the system. Certainly sounds like a scam.

David
Khoo1
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi, is anyone can advise what should I do on this matter.

My son accidetally clicked confirm button and confirmed the reserveation that I had added in my wishlist in airbnb account, payment has been charged to my credit card, 

I had cancelled immdiately next day when received an notifiation email, also called airbnb customers service, they says as long as both parties agreed to cancellation We may proceed for full refund, the Host refused answer the calls from airbnb customers care about this matter,  my reserveation travelling date on 24-31 Jan 2019, the reservation confirmed on 17 Jan 1.50pm,  I made cancallation on 18 Jan 3.15pm, less than 48 hours also less than 7 days from the check in date. 

I has message the host if the payment not refundable at lease let me commit my stay on previous reserveation, she's said I has been cancelled and igorne my mesaage.

Anyone can advise how should I handle this matter?

Thank you 

Jenny