Cancel on the arrival day

Simon23
Level 2
Leigh-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Cancel on the arrival day

Hi...

First time we have had someone cancel a booking.

We were due to have someone stay tonight for a single night, however they messsaged us at 5.30pm to say that they were not going to stay due to work commitements.

We have a flexiable cancelletion policy, from what I understand we will be paid for the night as the guest let us know on the arival day.

I messaged them back and said if they need to stay in the area in the future I will discount the booking.  There were no problems in the booking process an they seemed an allright kind of a person.

Does the person who had booked to stay with us need to tell airbnb somewhere in their booking that they did not stay so we will not be asked for a review?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Simon23 Interesting question.  If they didn't actually cancel through Airbnb, then Airbnb will assume they checked in.  Either way, the guest loses the night's stay plus Airbnb fees.  Since they didn't formally cancel, yes, they could leave a review.  Was their communication to you on Airbnb's messaging system?  If so, then you could have Airbnb remove their review since they didn't stay.  I'd wait and see if they leave a review...probably won't, but if they do and you don't like it, contact Airbnb about it.  Of course, if they left you all 5*'s, I'd leave well enough alone!  🙂

Simon23
Level 2
Leigh-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Yep @Clare0

All the comunication has been throught AirBnB's systems.

I will wait and see if she leaves a review.

Simon