Can't retrieve messages

Sarah1342
Level 2
Cumberland, RI

Can't retrieve messages

Hi,

I am unable to see any of my previous messages (and one current message) from a host. I could see them when I first booked the property on 4/25 and now I can't see them to contact her.

I have tried all different platforms: Explorer, Firefox, Chrome. Nothing has worked. 

Please help!

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

What have you tried on the site, @Sarah1342? You signed in to Airbnb, then went to Trips? Then to View Trips and clicked on Send Message? That should get you to the message thread. Does it show up? And the messages have disappeared? 

Let me know what you are trying, and I will try to help further.

My trip isn't even available to view for some reason. I've tried both from a desktop and from my phone.

That does not bode well, @Sarah1342. Sounds like something has happened. Is it possible you have two accounts? That has happened to some people by accident. They used Facebook for a sign-in, then Google, that sort of thing. 

If you don't think that is the problem, you will need to get in touch with Airbnb. Since the trip is not showing up, you cannot use the button on the itinerary for contact. Do you still have the email telling you that you are booked? That will help with reservation number, etc. You can try googling the phone number for the US, or, better yet, use Twitter. Send a direct message to AirbnbHelp. If you don't have a Twitter account, it is worth setting one up just for this. It's free. 

Yes. I'm not sure what happened. I was luckily able to locate the host by sending an inquiry to her and we are communicating via text directly. She said everything is in order. I have paid. It's all set but yet I can't view my intinerary on the site or read/send messages regarding the trip.

I don't think I have two separate accounts. I only logged in thru Facebook. This is my first time using Airbnb and I'm a little frustrated!

Thank you for your suggestions! I might need to try Twitter.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I would for sure, @Sarah1342. Get their help to see what's wrong. Let us know what you find out, since it could be an answer for someone else experiencing the same thing. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sarah1342 Can you not use the email to go into the account? Also you may need to clean your cache and cookies on the computer. Don't know about the phone though.

Tried my email that the host has to log in. Still can't find the reservation or messages that way. Also, cleaned out my cache and cookies. Still not there. 😞

@Sarah1342 It's time to call:

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)