Can't pay with paypal. Booking an apartment.

Can't pay with paypal. Booking an apartment.

I receive payment with paypal as a host.

Now I am traveling and I am trying to book, but airbnb only lets me pay with credit card.

There is a paypal option but the button does not work is in monochrome as opposed to credit card buttons.

Thank you for your help.

5 Replies 5
Witek0
Level 1
Nijmegen, Netherlands

Hi,

Did you get a response? I am now experiencing the same problem. I am using AirBnb for years and the payments with PayPal always worked. Today it suddenly keeps asking me to talk to my bank or credit card company. I have enough deposits on my PayPal account. Don't know what is going on.

-- Witek ten Hove

Adama3
Level 2
Edmonton, Canada

The exact thing has been happening to me, has anyone found any solutions to it. I called Paypal and they told me it was because it was a "threat" and they could do nothing about it. 

Michał13
Level 1
Chróścina, Poland

Hi!

I also had the same problem and contacted Airbnb Support. After a couple of messages, it turned out that I need to choose another currency. It is mentioned here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/486/how-do-i-use-paypal-to-pay

Here's exactly what I did to overcome the problem:

1. Log into airbnb.com instead of airbnb.pl

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page.

3. There were two list boxes: language and currency. I changed currency from PLN to EUR.

4. Now I was able to go to apartment's page, just select PayPal and pay with it!

Hope this works for you too.

Lesleen-Anne0
Level 1
Whitchurch-Stouffville, CA

I am having the same problem Though I have set my bank account as my preferred payment method, it is transferring and attempting to take payment off my credit card. When I call in they say they are protecting me from fraud.

I had this problem in the past with other services.

I got a Paypal Debit card.  

I know it doesn't solve the immediate problem, but it is a handy card to have anyway, for payments or ATMs in future.

For about 5 years it was the only card I used.

Hope this is a bit of help.