Can`t add a payout method

Esther-and-Alex0
Level 2
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom

Can`t add a payout method

We received an email from airbnb on the 24th August that they can`t send us our payout as they didn`t have enought account information. We thought this might be a scam as we have the same account specified as our payout refenece for the past 52 month and hadn`t changed anything since ! We emailed airbnb explaining and were hoping to get this fixed quickly. We received an email back saying that they would transfer us to the correct department. That was on the 30th August. 12 days later we still haven`t heard back from them despite numerous emails to them. The problem is that we cannot add a payout refence. the moment we fill in our address details and click on the button for `bank transfer` on their site, we see a message `sorry there was an error, please try again`. at some point their system actually let us fill in the relevant bank details but when pressed `next` we were kicked out and the message showing `you have no permission to complete the action`. We have tried from three different computers with different browsers. In the meantime we had 5 guests who`s money we are not receiving. By the way, I tried paypal as well , with the same outcome. Nobody is responding to this issue. Any sizable company these days has a `live chat` option to fix problems but one of the `biggest` companies in the world, this airbnb, not ? I don`t want to rant about their poor customer service here as things went fine the first two years but this is shockingly appaling. Maybe somebody had a similar problem and knows what to do.    

20 Replies 20
Mary226
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

I have just listed my property today but I cant get the system to accept my bank details. I dont want to accept bookings if i end up in the same situation as you are in.
D3
Level 2
Grantham, United Kingdom

@Esther-and-Alex0 - Hi - why not give them a call -  UK contact 02033181111

All the best 🙂

Esther-and-Alex0
Level 2

Thank you D, I`ll give it a try.

Alex

Esther-and-Alex0
Level 2

I have rang airbnb on this number and they asked to type in the phone number shown in my profile to verify who I am.

I did that but the automated voice says `sorry this number has not been recognized`. It is the correct number so it looks to me that even that airbnb can`t get right. I`m now seriously thinking of removing my listing as I just don`t know how to contact them. Thanks for the phone number anyway. 

Have you talked to you bank about any additional information they may need to accept a payment from Airbnb?  If Airbnb doesn't have the correct information, or enough, what is the bank requiring?

Did the email they sent saying they needed your assistance in correcting the issue have links that you could follow and update the missing information?   

They had all the relevant bank details for the past two years as they send all past payments to that account. The message we received said : .... insufficient beneficiary data. Please verify your bank details and add them again as a new payout method in your Payout Prefences. (I`m trying that ever since..)

I found it a bit suspicious as airbnb, all of a sudden, didn`t have the data anymore. So I contacted them by email to make sure it was genuine. Received this one email back saying they are transferring us to the right department. Nothing heard since.

I listed a property on AirBnB in late October 2016 and I'm still unable to successfully add a payout method. I had similar issues to what you are experiencing. It would let me add it, but would never finalize. It finally let me add my paypal account (not my payout method of choice) via the mobile app, but now its stuck with a "pending verification" message for several days. I checked with PayPal and there isn't anything to approve or verify on their end. 

I have two hosting payouts I would like to receive, but I'm unable to do so because I can't successfully add a payout method. Does anyone have the US support number to call? If I find a solution to this, I will post it for others to see. Sounds like they have a bug in their system.

Hi - has anyone managed to get this issue resolved?

I have recently joined Airbnb and l can't seem to add a payment method. I have spoken to them on the phone and they said that it is a known issue and that they are working on it to get it fixed. They said that it will take a couple of days to fix.

A couple of days on from that conversation and l still can't add my bank account. I have 4 payouts on the way and would like to get this sorted before the guests arrive.

cheers 

I am facing this problem now. I can not add a payout method to my account. Every time i try to add a payout method i would receive the following message "you dont have permission complete this action" i tried contact Airbnb many times yet with no hope. was anyone able to resolve this issue? is there an alternative way that i can add my payout information?

Juan-Eduardo1
Level 1
San Cristobal de las Casas, MX

I'm in the same situation. Have you found a way around this?

@Reem50 wrote:

I am facing this problem now. I can not add a payout method to my account. Every time i try to add a payout method i would receive the following message "you dont have permission complete this action" i tried contact Airbnb many times yet with no hope. was anyone able to resolve this issue? is there an alternative way that i can add my payout information?

Also have the same issue, phone support seems to be raising it as a bug.

Pablo983
Level 1
Guadalajara, MX

I'm facing the same issue, is there any update? (01/06/20)

Christian996
Level 1
Cancún, MX

I have the same issue. I contacted the Airbnb support team and they said they are looking into it. But they haven´t solved it and they don´t know what is the cause of the issue.

Anyone else knows how to fix it?

Chris11752
Level 2
England, GB

There is no fix, confirmed as a bug. Keep pestering them about it, the only way to get it resolved.