Calendar setting

מאיר0
Level 1
Jerusalem, Israel

Calendar setting

HI. i dont want guests to start there booking on Saturdays  because its a holy day for us and i cant help them when they arrive. 
is there anywhy that i can manage it on the calendar?
thank you

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @מאיר0

There is no way to block repeated single days, like blocking every Saturday.

You would have to do it manually.

Not sure if matters to you but remember that if you block Staurday someone can still check in on Friday and check out on Saturday.

Also they won't be allowed to check in, for example, on Thursday and stay until Sunday. Maybe you also want to stop this too, though.

One option might be to use the weekend pricing option to set the price for Friday nights and Saturday nights to something very high like ₪4000. this would discourage people from booking for Friday or Saturday nights.

To set this option go to your calendar and select "Pricing settings" in the black bar at the top. Then select "Weekend pricing" and set the price.

Steve.

Turn off Instant Book and put the requirement right in the first line of your listing that no check-ins can occur from Friday sundown, all day Saturday to Sunday starting at 7am (or whatever hours you need/want to block off).  It seems as though you are willing to have guests in the house as long as they observe your religious needs on Shabbat.  Then if someone is looking for a Saturday start date for their reservation, you can decline them.  

Babs0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @מאיר0,

Probably too much variables for the platform: just blocking the Saturdays manually won't be a good idea, because you can never have a guest book a stay with a Saturday night in the booking 😞 And I guess that having a guest during the day will be fine?!

Agree with @Alice-and-Jeff0 and @Steve143, as long as you don't use Instant Book you can agree a check-in and check-out time that will suit you. I hope most guests booking a stay in Jerusalem will  be understanding, I know I would be!

Got me thinking about a new trip.... Added the destination to my wish list 🙂

Is your rental in your home or a seperate apartment?  If it is in your home, all you are doing is opening your door to greet a guest.  You do not handle money or bags, you are simply welcoming them and I do not see this as work.

If the space is seperate, can you not find a less orthodox or non Jewish friend to greet or say farewell to your guest?  You could pay them a bit to do this very easy task although I am not sure if I see even this as work, but then I am not Orthodox.

And you are really screwed if you cant work this out.

Our rentals are in a remote, resort area, and we handle check in electronically--and almost never welcome a guest in-person.  When the guest has signed our agreement and emailed it, we email back the codes to the home with map, directions, codes, area activities, and the check-out process. Electronic locks and lock boxes are economical ($35-$100) and can solve this. In your information page, you can indicate that for religious reasons, you don't respond on Saturdays, so the guest knows not to expect this. Maybe explain that from a cultural perspective, if they are foreign and ingorant of that tradition. Encourage people to receive the information electronically a week or so ahead of time.  We also have paid staff who can help, but when we have "check out" on a big Holiday (American Thanksgiving, this year for an example) we blocked the following day so our staff member would be sure to have the Holiday off.

It works well for a whole-home booking, when you aren't sharing the space.

Hope this makes sense, and I think it would be great if you can figure out a way to observe your religion and welcome guests.