Calendar on mobile doesn't work ?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Calendar on mobile doesn't work ?

When checking bookings on my iphone the calendar does not appear, constantly trying to refresh. All other options (inbox, listings, progress, profile) work. Does anybody have the same problem?

It is a big problem because I can't see my reservations, can't find messages exchanged with my guests and can't view their details like phone number etc...  Immagine my joy while I am waiting for them in the city (I am off site host) and can't contact them  😞

12 Replies 12
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Yes, I have this problem frequently.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lisa723 @Branka-and-Silvia0

Branka, all fine on the calendar page here, both phone and desktop!

I do have an interesting issue though, I have had no views for a week and only one booking in that time which is something that hasn't happened before.

Views!.png

I can't tell if it's a problem or not because I can't search for my listing as a totally random person. Even if I do an incognito search it still draws info from my cache and shows my listing in search results 

I will watch it for one more day then get onto CX.

Perhaps Big Brother is out to get me for things I have said about Plus. If that is the case we would all have serious grounds for concern, this being a users forum! So this will be interesting to watch. I will keep you updated!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4

tnx , it seems I have to delete Airbnb phone app and reinstal it. I just have to figure out how and to find time to do it

My view status it the same,  since October 25th it shows no views for all 3 units so it has to be a glitch at their side

@Branka-and-Silvia0

Branka here is the link to re-install your mobile app

https://www.airbnb.com/mobile

While you are at it it would be a good idea to clear your cache. You will find the app will work much better if you start afresh....

This link is to clear your cache if you are using Android:

https://www.technobezz.com/what-is-cached-data-clear-app/

And this is the link to use if you are using IPhone: 

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201265             

Remember to let the app download fully or you will find some functionality will suffer. Sometimes the download can stall and you think it is complete. If that happens delete it and start again!

Cheers......Rob        

Thank you @Robin4 I will try it today when I find time 🙂

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

My calendar is finally working properly! It loads quickly and no longer stalls endlessly. I am constantly surprised that it works!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Susan151

Where the phone app is installed it pays to clear your cache at times. The program gets lazy over time and tries to pull information from your stored cache rather than updating from the source.

I clear my cache about every two months and, after the first few log-ins (which are slow because the cache has to rebuild) the increase in my page speed is dramatic!

This is probably what has happened to you Susan!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4 wrote:

@Susan151

Where the phone app is installed it pays to clear your cache at times.

Thank you for your thoughts. As an IT professional, I can assure that this was not a cache issue since the calendar had never loaded. But, you are right. That can often be the problem.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Branka-and-Silvia0 and @Robin4,

I hope you are both good.

I just wanted to check if you are still experiencing issues with the calendar on your App (Branka) and not views showing on your dashboard (Robin)?

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie

Yes Lizzie, just checked and I have not had any views for more than one week. 

My feeling is that the part of the program that calculates views has frozen, because I have had two bookings and a pre-approval request in that time.

Is this possibly tied to the fact we no longer see black dots for days that have been booked for the month. It used to be that, at a glance we could see what days we actually received a booking during the month, but that vanished about a fortnight ago! All we see now is the graph with views but with no booking information on it!

As @Branka-and-Silvia0 are experiencing the same thing as I with their listings it does seem to be general!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4  I contacted AirBnB on this the other day they are working on fixing it, not timeframe given for the fix yet that I know of. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Robin4 and @Letti0. I've just passed this on to the team as well, so hopefully this will be back an working for you soon. 

Do keep me posted, if you can. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.