Booking Error

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Booking Error

I have a guest currently staying at my place until the 28th of October. She wants to book my place again for next month, but when she tried to, she received an error from Airbnb saying: "We had an issue creating your reservation. Your check-in date cannot be in the past." 

She's double-checked to make sure that the dates she's trying to book are only in November, but she's still receiving the same error. She needs to book now in order to get the booking before anyone else does. but this error doesn't make sense. 

Please help? 

13 Replies 13
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Could you perhaps provide the link to your listing so we could try it out ?

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14623771

Thank you for your quick reply 

I have no trouble entering random days in November this year when starting early in the month.  When entering dates further down the line, the first half of November seems to be blocked. Very odd - seems like a calendar bug.  

There is also a host cancellation on your profile - if that one was for November, the dates remain blocked as a penalty for cancelling as a host.  

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

The host cancellation was made for dates late in December, so I don't think that should be the issue. 

The guest who is trying to book, had booked a few days ago but her payment didn't go through in time so it was cancelled after 24 hours. Now that she has sorted out her payment and was ready to book again, she received the error. Do you think the guest cancellation is the problem? And if so, can it be resolved? 

I cannot tell if your host cancellation is the problem unless you tell me the dates.  If you cancelled on a guest for the first part of November, the dates will remain blocked as one of a few penalties for host cancellation.

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Apologies, the dates that were originally booked and then cancelled are from the 6th of November until the 2nd of December. 

Please note, though, that I did not cancel the dates, so it was not a host cancellation. The dates were cancelled by Airbnb due to the payment not going through in time. I should not be receiving any penalty. 

The only host cancellation that I've made (27th Dec - 2nd Jan) is clearly indicated as such on my calendar. If this situation was counted as a host cancellation, I should be seeing it in the same way on my calendar, but I'm not. 

Please note that we are only fellow hosts here trying to help each other.  I do not have any insight into your calendar or your account.

My guess in this instance would be that the payment issue may sill not be cleared with airbnb.

Ask your guest to make contact with airbnb customer services for further assistance.

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

I will do so.

Thank you so, so much for all your help! 

Leonie3
Level 7
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Uli, it looks like your room is blocked/booked for November.

Bob43
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

An obvious advise for her would be to use the calendar on your profile and click the dates (check-in and check-out). Maybe she typed them in manually and her settings are different? in The Netherlands we would type 08/11 for November 8. The Airbnb system however would see this as August 11 (which obivoulsy is in the past). Not sure of course, just a guess.

Uli2
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

It turned out that the problem was caused through the use of the mobile Airbnb app when trying to make the booking. Apparently, the app is currently going through some updates so wasn't working correctly. My guest tried again using a desktop, and everything went through as it should.

Thank you so much for your reply!  

I tried booking one apartment in London , but it is not moving to payment page , the browser keeps rotating , tried in many browsers , but nothing worked out .can anyone help to complete the booking 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Hemanth0

If you are having technical issues, you will need to call Airbnb this is a forum for hosts so I am afraid we can't help.