Block dates automatically on behalf of hosts

Jeremy48
Level 1
Frankfurt, Germany

Block dates automatically on behalf of hosts

I have two types of listings for my apartment, one listing is for each room and the second being the whole apartment for people who prefer not to share the apartment. Problem is, I have to remember to manually block the apartment if one of the rooms is booked, or block all room if the apartment if booked.

As a software engineer, it’s not much for AirB&B to improve their software so that when the apartment is booked, the host can select the rooms to automatically block for the duration of the apartment rental period. Also, create a feature for a host to select the apartment to block if any of the rooms are booked.

Another way to do it would be if Airbnb allowed to hosts to import the calendars from each room into the apartments calendar, and import calendar the apartment into each room i.e exporting and importing calendar between the same listing

This is such as the useful feature that I don’t understand how it was not included in the original software release, how could they have missed such an important feature? they missed it.

Currently, the guest loses his booking due to sudden cancellation if instant booking is turned on and host gets severely penalised financially for forgetting to manually block the dates as well as his super-host status if a host forgets to manually block the rooms,

It just seems to be to be a common sense thing to do. I have contacted them at least on three occasions about this important feature, but I have no idea what their roadmap is on this issue.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Of course your idea is common sense, @Jeremy48.  Would you mind reposting this idea in the Host Voice, also on this site, so that host will be able to provide support.  If there is enough support, the idea is forwarded to the tech team.  Thank you