Big problem with neighbors

Lisa100
Level 1
Lake Barrington, IL

Big problem with neighbors

My neighbors are planning on banning short term rentals after they heard about a short term rental being used as a party house that was trashed.  The renter charged people/strangers at the door and a shooting happened in a neighboring town with three of the "guests" after they left.  It left my neighbors scared and upset, understandably.  They don't want my Airbnb business to continue.  Any advise on what to say to them to put their minds at ease and hopefully get them to change their minds?

3 Replies 3
Sandra11
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

I think you could offer some reassurance regarding the type of guests that will be using your home. For example - verification, house rules, local support - maybe you or if you are not there a friend or prof property manager. Also if you avoid bookings of 1-2 days then you could avoid he party crowd too. If neighbours really are against Airbnb (and some are) then you will have an uphill battle.

Patricia540
Level 2
Lake Bluff, IL

What is the result .now...as of Sept 2017?

Are you allowed to home share?

Do your neighboring communities north barrington, etc..allow it?

I am from Lake Bluff where the issue in this elitist town has esculated ureasonably...no incident at all has occurred but the pressure on goerni g bodies is to ban.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jim234
Level 1
Deerfield, IL

The same thing just happened in Lake Forest