Bait and Switch Inquiries / Solicitations

Timothy50
Level 10
New York, NY

Bait and Switch Inquiries / Solicitations

So I got an inquiry from someone named Denzel in NYC to stay over July 2-6th. Yay! I think this is great as July 4th week is slow for NYC. Then I read the inquiry and the guy is not interested in renting, but is offering cleaning services. While I respect anyone's hustle in the gig economy, I do not want my Airbnb app to begin getting clogged with solicitations that get my hopes up and then waste my time. 

So I called Airbnb and asked what can they do. The case worker said, they could flag them and that's it. No warning to tell them to cease and desist solicitations or have your account closed. I explained this is not right because unpunished it'll lead to a glut of solicitations just like you get on your phone or email. She had no decent answer saying there's nothing the could do about this. Baloney!

I propose Airbnb adopt a policy that warns the first time and closes their account the second time. Thoughts?

1 Reply 1
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

I had this happen and sent an approval which of course expires, but does not block the dates and warn them they are hurting my listing with false requests to book and no one will hire them when they are doing this. Then flagged the cleaner as spam.