Arrival Form?

Ashley50
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Arrival Form?

Hi all! We are avid AirBNB users (14 trips so far, 3 more this month!) and love love love it. Today I received an odd email that smelled phishy to me so I was wondering if any of you have seen one like it or if it is a new AirBNB service? It came in asking me to fill out an arrival form, even though our host in Barcelona and I have already talked through messaging about our arrival. I've never seen one like this before, and can't find anything online about it. Is it a phishing email? Or legit?

I took screenshots of the email below. THANKS!!!

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 11.24.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 11.25.05 AM.png

6 Replies 6
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

I googled "VREASY" (from the bottom of the message) and it appears to be a legit company in Spain?  [Link hidden]

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Ashley50

Best contact your host and tell them you got a suspicious-looking prompt to fill in a form for the keys. See what they say.

Robert331
Level 1
Boston, MA

Hello Ashley,

What ended up happening with this form? I also have never seen it before but was asked to fill one out for our upcoming stay in Amsterdam.

A lot of the information requested is already with AirBnb, so I am unsure why they are asking for it and frankly it makes me a little uneasy.

Any info would be a huge help!

Thanks,

Bobby 

Hi Bobby, Ashley and everyone,

Nothing to be concerned about here. I'll give you some background.

I'm Martin Picard, CEO of Vreasy - you can check me out at [Link hidden].  Vreasy is an airbnb partner - we've been helping hundreds of property management companies list on Airbnb (and other portals) since 2011 when it was unusual for professionals to list there.  Our direct API connection to AirBnb is due this fall - though we are already fully synchronized with other technologies.    I theresay I am well known to partherships, connectivity and experiences team at Airbnb.

Vreasy is known at the "Guest Experience Authority" - we help managers provide great service to guests via personalized service. We use automations such as our pioneering arrival forms for close to 10,000 guest arrivals a week.  

You can check out what people say about the guest experience at one of my places here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/84226

So, rest assured the arrival checklist used for thousands of properties by Vreasy property managers are legit and very helpful to the guest and manager.   They greatly reduce the back and forth messaging required to be fully ready for a guest's trip.   For example, all our managers have quick access to the  method of travel such flight information and arrival time for their guests and automatically recieve a concierge guest app with all the info on the appartment and local neighbourhood.

Most of our property managers really want to go above and beyond for their guests and so they use vreasy forms to ask questions such as the flight number, if a baby's bed is required, whether a late departure time is required, luggage storage,  document IDs for local police reports (mandatory in many European countries) etc.   

If anyone has further questions about Vreasy's services, our free and built-in direct synchronization with  Aribnb, our guest experience platform, our arrival checklists and/or other users of Vreasy technology don't hesitate to write to [Email hidden] or to me at[Email hidden].  Anyone with more than 5 properties under management can benefit from using our platform.  You can also search for Vresay on youtube for a short demo.

So I highly recommend you oblige the PM with filling out the arrival checklist - you'll get the fame Vreasy PM 5 start service as a result!

ciao for now - hope to see you at the Nobleman's loft in Rome!

Martin Picard

CEO

[Link hidden]

Airbnb profile: https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/434488

Nick55
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hi Ashley,

Rest assured for property managers like me using Airbnb to list my places in Barcelona, VReasy is the best thing since sliced bread!

Barcelona has draconian rules for legal licensed tourist rental apartments that Airbnb's requirements nowhere near match.

There are approximately 6000 legally licensed apartments in Barcelona bur Airbnb list 14000, so there are more illegal than legal. I have 8 apartments which are all legal but to meet the local authority's legal requirements I need a lot of extra information than what is provided by Airbnb. 

Firstly, I must register all lodged guest within 24 hours of arrival with the police. They require the following information: Passport number or ID number (for European Union members), first and last names, date of birth, sex, and nationality! Where do I find that in Airbnb?

For all transactions over 400€ I must provide the residential address and passport or ID number for the invoice I must present to the local tax authorities.

So how do you automate that because with over 600 reservations per year I can't sent individual message to each guest! That's where VReasy makes it easy by allowing me to automate everything and send my guest an arrival form, so I can gather the information I need and they can choose optional services, such as airport transfer.

I started with VReasy in May 2013 because they were a local start up who were the sole who could  provided me with a method of automating everything and hence ensuring my guests had the most stress free experience during their visit.

I have to say the email you received is not what I would have sent because it certainly does sound a little phishy but every PM has their own style. 

I was at both the Airbnb Opens in Paris and LA and everybody who I showed VReasy was astounded and wanted to use it!

Please have a look at my humble offering in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.com/s?host_id=135703

VReasy is my Property Management System, which means it is the central availability calendar for all the portals where my properties are offered, which apart from Airbnb are all the major players (I can't list them because there names will be automatically deleted by the Airbnb message system).

Imagine that whenever I get a reservation the dates are automatically blocked on all the portals, the guest receives a "Thank you for booking" message with a link to my arrival form in their own language. They also receive detailed arrival instructions and most importantly the VReasy Guidal app for their phone, which gives them instant access to anything they could dream of doing in Barcelona!

It is 1000% legit!

Cheers,

Nick Lockie

Just one further point. What is requested by Airbnb is not passed on to the host, so perhaps they have all the details but they don't share them with the host!