Appealing Cancellation Penalty

Tara32
Level 1
New York, NY

Appealing Cancellation Penalty

where on earth is the link where i can prove my case that i needed to cancel my guests stay? i didnt know INSTANT BOOK was on and someone booked who i wasn't comforbale with. not knowing the cancellation policy  - i cancelled it. now i want to book those same dates but they are blocked out on my calender. I am scouring the site and can't find anywhere to appeal this/ talk to someone/ email..... so annoying..... help!! 

8 Replies 8
David126
Level 10
Como, CO
Lee83
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Guys, 

Just joining this conversation as the same thing happened to me and its not my fault. My guest booked for the entire December (high Season) and then notified me that the person she was booking for is now bringing a whole bunch of other people with them and my apartment will be too small. So she said I can go ahead and confirm a cancellation. So I cancelled. NOW my calendar wont update and my entire Dec is blocked. 

Not my fault and I have been trying to contact Airbnb but it is virually impossible. I will be missing out on an entire month in my high season which is not fair. 

Please Airbnb can you advise what I can do here. Thanks 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Lee83, you should have made the guest cancel, as they were the ones in the wrong. Should they refuse (they will lose money if they cancel and never want to) you get Airbnb to do it, but NEVER cancel yourself. Fines, blocks, etc. Lowered ranking. DO NOT CANCEL. Unless something has happened from your end which you think justifies the penalties, NEVER EVER cancel. Airbnb hardly ever undoes the issues which follows because you are expected to read about how the site works and the terms before you start hosting.

Edited: I just read you said ''the person she was booking for'' which makes it a third party booking. Call Airbnb, they will fix this for you!

All the best.

@Sandra126

@Lee83

I believe I also read about a 3rd party booking. Don't go there. Tell Airbnb tghat this is happening, and please assist you. 3rd party bookings are not something to even consider.

Jill80
Level 2
New York, NY

go online and print on Google "Telephone number of Airbnb"

Message on Airbnb Twitter gets quickest results.  Good luck!

I just realized this question is from 08-04-2016 03:14 PM

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Ange2, that is crazy, I didn't read that bit. Just because it is the first in line for answers does not mean they need any. The new forum look is not super simple to get the hang of unless I want to answer a question which already has 2234 answers or one which was asked in May 2011.

@Sandra126   Not sure that many have noticed and are thus unaware they are replying to age-old posts, the dates appear and disappear so it's not easy to know if the post is new or months old.  I did write a Host Voice asking for the inclusion of a tab that has 'Latest Posts'. Also Lizzie replied to a post I wrote about the same asking for suggestions, so maybe they will add it.