Amend booking

Richard27
Level 1
Malmesbury, United Kingdom

Amend booking

Morning - I've a guest coming this weekend and they want to now change the date to include an additional night the day before which is fine. However it won't let them book it and I can't find away to amend the booking apart from cancelling and then letting them rebook? Any advice would be appreciated. Rich
7 Replies 7
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Richard27 Do not cancel! 

Here's how to amend the booking. Either one of you can do this. On a desktop: Go to your "Dashboard," hover over the little three dots on the right side of the reservation and click Alter / Cancel Reservation. (I would insert a screenshot but for some reason Chrome isn't giving me the option to upload one @Lizzie)

Then you get the clear option to change the reservation. Once you change the check-out date, submit the alteration and have your guest approve it.

Don't cancel. Search this forum to learn why. 

--

If my answer helped you, please add my listing to your wish list!  https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/9285982

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lisa7,

Thanks for tagging me here. When you say 'chrome isn't providing you an option to upload an image', is this issue happening when you click on the little camera icon in your tool bar in your post? If when you click on this and it is appearing as 'source' if you can log out of the CC and log back in again, this usually resolved this display and enables you to see an upload button (in the camera icon). Do let me know if this still isn't working and I will investigate further. 🙂

Nice to meet you @Richard27, Lisa has provided you with some great tips here, I hope this is useful.

Thanks, Lizzie

(Just a small note, to highlight personal advertising is against the CC guidelines)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Richard27
Level 1
Malmesbury, United Kingdom

Thanks all. Spot on - the problem was I tried to do it from my mobile which obviously had limitations. As soon as it was pointed out to be to use the Desktop - boom, job done. Think we can put this down to #newbieerror Thanks again 😜
Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie - yep, that is what I meant, and signing in directly on the community center page worked. Thanks.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great, thanks @Lisa7 for the update 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Richard27,

Great advice by @Lisa7.  Here is a Help Guide on this: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Change-Price-Number-of-Guests-Check-in-or-Check-out-...

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Francesca226
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

Hi, I amended a booking because the guest wanted to add a night. Was surprised that when Airbnb adjusted the price,  its computation was almost 5x more than my nightly rate! (from around USD 55 to USD 250!) so I told the guest not to accept it and that I would just block of the date for her which she did. 
1. Wonder why it did that
2. Wonder if it will affect my Superhost status
Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks