Airbnb exposes your data to the the Government

Airbnb exposes your data to the the Government

I've got two officers from the City Council visited this Tuesday. They said that someone reported on my apartment being rented out for the whole Aug.  They even thought I am a guest who rent the apartment until I show them my ID card. I do not rent out my apartment any day in August, and if I even do so, it is completely legal. They bothered me a lot and made a lot of trouble with all verification. It was luckily for me that I was at home in the morning, when they knocked the door, othewise it would be a mess.

Rather than AirBnB, I don't think anyone else know exactly my address! Maybe not AirBnB but some staffs who worked for AirBnB read all my information and communication with guests and try to give me trouble. Disclosure, I have a few argument with AirBnB support people and I have to say, they are the worse people.

Do not trust AirBnB and their staffs to keep your privacy, they are among the worst.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Tho3 ,

Your profile says you live in Amsterdam. Your listing is not in Amsterdam.

I guess somebody reported you as an illegal Airbnb (Amsterdam has regulations for doing Airbnb).

Probably a neighbour, so they simple provided the address. Nothing to do with Airbnb itself.

Best regards, Emiel

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tho3

I noticed you did hosting in Amsterdam in July (according to reviews). But your listing is not there (anymore). It is reasing questions and  your accusations at Airbnb seems to me a cover up for something else.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Tho3 Why would Airbnb report that you rent your apartment for the month of August when they can see that you dont have any reservations for that month. I dont think Airbnb bothers reporting people to the City Council, but probably was some neighbour who reported you, it wouldn't be a first.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tho3   The listing you have on your profile is really setup strange. Do you only book it for 1 large group because that's the way it's setup?