Airbnb Not paying out what they have received

Dennis157
Level 2
Pattaya, Thailand

Airbnb Not paying out what they have received

My guests have paid airbnb in full for the 51 days they will stay at my condo. They moved in 2 days ago. However airbnb have not passed this payment on in full. They have merely paid me for one month. It is probable thay pay the remaining funds next month. Is this normal and if so how can they justify the non payment. If they have received the full payment from my guests they should jolly well hand it over IN FULL.

Den

5 Replies 5
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Dennis157

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/285/how-are-long-term-reservation-payouts-processed

Read the policy above.

If a guest cancelled and you were paid everything in advance....might not end well

You may be right because they were supposed to pay the balance yesterday but up till today I received nothing. My account shows a pending payment but no money is arriving. One thing that I don't like about Airbnb is the fact that they make it so difficult for you to complain. Why is there not a link on my pending payments page so I can easily bring the late payment to their attention. Now I have to scratch around the website trying to find where I can complain.

Dennis

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Dennis157

That is not how it works with long term reservations, they are paid in monthly instalments, so if you have been paid for one month, that should be correct.

Holding on to funds is one of the ways for airbnb to make money.

Dustin25
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

I knwo you are in Pattaya, Thailand and this rule will not apply to you but in the States and aspecaly in Pennsylvania there is a law about (§250.101-250.602) leaser rulles if the lease pays for more than one months rent at a time of first exchange then they are your tenat with rights to the property. It is an old law here and its stillinforced that is why if you book 2 or more months in a hotel they will only take payment at the one month mark only.