Account permanently deactivate HELP!

CasaMia0
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Account permanently deactivate HELP!

This is what's happaned to me...INCREDIBLE!

They don't care about my point of view...

What is now Airbnb?

After 2 very bad guests I hosted in 2 different rooms during the same dates and just the day after their leaving, They suspended temporary my account and then permanently with this email:

"Hello CasaMia,

As we are no longer able to support your account due to violations of our Terms of Service, we have deactivated your account. Additionally, we are unable to provide further account support.

I want to reiterate that this decision was made after careful review of all documentation and communication from all parties involved, and is in alignment with our policies and procedures, and Community Standards & Expectations.

We cannot reconsider this determination or respond further regarding your account.

Kind regards,"

This was my answer:

Hi Savannah and Jack,

I am appalled to realise that hosts aren’t given any protection on this platform. I am currently writing to you with the help of my legal advisor as I do not possess the level of English required to deal with this situation, reason for which I was not able to communicate with Jack when contacted and explain my position.

To date, I am yet to be told what accusations were made against my person, which parties were involved (Ms T, Ms. L or both), what documentation and communication have been ‘carefully reviewed’ by Jack (since I wasn’t even heard about this matter I could not give my account of the facts) and on which grounds he has decided to permanently deactivate my account and fully refund Ms. L. It is worth adding that Ms. L brought strangers into my property without authorization and when I pointed it out to one of your colleagues I was told that she was allowed to do so. Airbnb staff should not be unprepared about regulations as it is your job to give hosts and guests the appropriate support needed. In Italy there is an Anti-terrorism regulation and hosts are compelled to provide authorities (Police) with names of each person on the premises. Ms. L and Ms. T were staying into two separate rooms (T 21-24 June; L and her girl friend 19-23 June) during their stay I was rarely in the property. After realising that I was always out, Ms. L must have thought that it was a good idea to introduce strangers in my property as I would have never found outUnfortunately for her the night before her check out I went back home around 10pm and while working in the living room I noticed a guy exiting her roomWhen I confronted her on the matter highlighting that it was prohibited to bring strangers into people’s properties without permission, she merely smiled without even apologising for her behavior. Ms. T left a pretty harsh review stating that someone in the middle of the night opened her door ( she admitted in her review that she wasn’t sure if it was me or someone else opening her door), since I wasn’t in at that timeand have proof to back this up, after reading her review I realised that Ms. L’sunwanted guests must have been responsible for causing such disgraceful issue to Ms. T.

Jack in his email dated July 1st has stated that Airbnb’s priority “is to protect the privacy, trust, and safety of your community as a whole”. I have been a part of this community for five years, got 453 reviews and did not feel protected by your team. Strangers have been introduced in my property without my permission and I could have been legally liable for it, not to mention that thesepeople could have been thieves (someone also opened that door of my room, thankfully nothing seems to have been stolen) or even worse and could have damaged my property or hurt me or my other guest (Ms T). Jack went on by adding that you have a “zero-tolerance policy for this issue and must act in compliance”, again I was not told what the ISSUE actually was/is!

This ISSUE is causing me distress, financial damage and harm to my image. It is my intention to legally proceed against whoever (Ms. T or Ms. L) made false accusations against myself,possibly bring a claim for slander, and also act with regard to Ms. L granting strangers permission to enter my property. People unknown to hosts not part of Airbnb reservations pose a potential security and legal issue to the owner ( it must be noted that my property is a recognised Bed & Breakfast facility, therefore I am obliged to comply with stricter and further regulations than those other properties on Airbnb are subjected to). Furthermore, if they cause damage, Airbnb won’t side with you. If they don’t want to leave the premises, you have no recourse as supposedly you gave  strangers permission to be there.

It is within my rights to be told what accusations have been made, by whom and on what grounds you have decided to fully refund Ms. L, also considering that she stayed the whole period and introduce strangers in my flat causing discomfort to Ms. T and potential legal liability to me.

If you need to get in touch with me or necessitate to discuss it further on the phone please do not hesitate to do so. 

I look forward to receiving a prompt and thorough reply 

King regards,

And this is their final response:

"Hello Claudio,

Please understand that we are not obligated to provide an explanation as to the action taken against your account. Furthermore, note that we are not liable to you in any way with respect to disabling or canceling your account. Airbnb reserves the right to make the final determination with respect to such matters, and this decision will not be reversed.

Moving forward, we will not be able to assist you with this or any other issues. Please see our Help Center for further information:

www.airbnb.com/help/article/432

As further communication will not change the outcome of this case, we must respectfully disengage from further discussion.

All the best,

This is too bad I can't beliave it!

Could someone help me to find the way to reactivate my account?

Thanks

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@CasaMia0  Some else got their account relist, but they had to hire a lawyer as at this point AirBnB will not discuss the issue with you anymore. Your lawyer will have to contact AirBnB legal department. It's gonna be expensive and may still not work. 

I wrote this email with my legal assistant