AIRBNB Customer Service, Guest Could not leave Feedback - LOVES AIRBNB & ME (Host)

Answered!
Tony44
Level 2
Brownsburg, IN

AIRBNB Customer Service, Guest Could not leave Feedback - LOVES AIRBNB & ME (Host)

This is long
First let me say, I am in contact with AIRBNB customer service per their phone number, I spoke with "Tyler" who was awesome.  Though I have not heard back and this is extremely important.  I had a guest fly from Austrilia to my home (USA).  He stayed with me for 3 days.  June 23rd - 26th (DATES ARE ESTIMATED).  He stayed in America until 6/11/2016.  He was 100% unable to leave me a review while he was on vacation.  Firstly, it was a vacation, he was interested in his vacation which cost him well over $4,000 USD.  Secondly, he still tried but was unable to do so on his phone.  I left such an amazing impression on this person, we had such a great time - HE STILL wants to leave me a positive review.  I own several online & offline businesses.  Referrals/Reviews are golden offline, online they are even more important.  I made this guest feel so comfortable he is still talking me to date (currently).  He is still trying to leave a positive review.  AIRBNB has a 3 week cutoff for reviews.  However, this was neither my guests fault or my own.  The guest said in absolute terms he will stay with me again, reccomend friends or others stay with me...... 

Online reviews are more relevant than offline.  Pending the algorithm this directly impacts my ranking (SEO).  I had an amazing time with a guest, he is still fighting to leave me a review.  He wants to continue to use AIRBNB, I want to continue to host.  But his inability to leave a review or the fact he is somehow being penalized for not replying in the proper amount of time, he tried.  This is harming us both.  I am in contact, well I was in contact with AIRBNB, I was told I would be given a solution.  I do not want to endlessly call them.  But what do I do?  Is there a management number?  My Austrilian friend being able to share his experiences about AIRBNB will not only be good for me but "us all".  The more positive reviews people see the more positive of a "brand" they perceive.  No reviews/less; not very good this detracts from that image.  No matter what I found a very cool friend.  I just do not know how to proceed?  Do I keep calling AIRBNB, I do not want to be "that guy".  Do I just stop using it and suggest my friend do the same, I do not want to.  I just want to be informed, know what is going and know if there is any type of solution available.

1 Best Answer

Edit: You are highly reviewed/experienced I appreciate your feedback.  I am just "upset"

I just literally got off the phone with my guest 30 seconds ago (Line App).  He still wants to leave a review.  The time is generous but for the fact, he was on a 2 week "Holiday" in the USA.  He just informed me he spent $10,000 on the entire trip and I was the best part.  I am sorry he was on vacation.  According to him AIRBNB said they gave him until Monday.  He attempted to leave a review on Monday, he also attempted to leave a review while here in the USA while on his cellphone - he did not bring his desktop 😛

Seriously though, this was not a 1 night stay or someone from another part of the USA.  It was literally an individual who spent $10,000 on one of the longest flights on the planet (no exaggeration).  He did his best to leave a review when here (USA).  He demands he did try to leave a review in the specified amount of time and was receiving technical errors on their site through his phone.  I get it in 99% of the circumstances it is fair.  If you can't see how this is dofferent.  I am just complaining out loud and frustrated ......  This is different though.  TY for reply, I will continue to contact them.  All I know as of now I am being ignored by them.  Even if not resolved to my satisfaction, knowing they were working on the issue, keeping me in the loop or telling me they could not help - that would make me feel like part of the partnership.  Instead of feeling just like a number.

Ty 🙂  (really)........  I am just very dissapointed.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

At this stage I think you have done anything in your power.  You could try to contact airbnb again using Twitter, but I have not heared of anyone being able to leave reviews after the deadline has expired.  In my opinion, the time frame is generous and reviews are best left when the stay is fresh in mind.

Edit: You are highly reviewed/experienced I appreciate your feedback.  I am just "upset"

I just literally got off the phone with my guest 30 seconds ago (Line App).  He still wants to leave a review.  The time is generous but for the fact, he was on a 2 week "Holiday" in the USA.  He just informed me he spent $10,000 on the entire trip and I was the best part.  I am sorry he was on vacation.  According to him AIRBNB said they gave him until Monday.  He attempted to leave a review on Monday, he also attempted to leave a review while here in the USA while on his cellphone - he did not bring his desktop 😛

Seriously though, this was not a 1 night stay or someone from another part of the USA.  It was literally an individual who spent $10,000 on one of the longest flights on the planet (no exaggeration).  He did his best to leave a review when here (USA).  He demands he did try to leave a review in the specified amount of time and was receiving technical errors on their site through his phone.  I get it in 99% of the circumstances it is fair.  If you can't see how this is dofferent.  I am just complaining out loud and frustrated ......  This is different though.  TY for reply, I will continue to contact them.  All I know as of now I am being ignored by them.  Even if not resolved to my satisfaction, knowing they were working on the issue, keeping me in the loop or telling me they could not help - that would make me feel like part of the partnership.  Instead of feeling just like a number.

Ty 🙂  (really)........  I am just very dissapointed.

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Tony44, if this guest isn't able to leave a review, you can ask him to leave a reference. This would also show on your listing page. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/References-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/20222/highlight/true