A need help about my first smoker

Annette47
Level 3
Buckley, WA

A need help about my first smoker

I got a reservation yesterday for a local boyfriend/girlfriend getaway.   I have never had a smoker until today.   My listing says smoking outside only please,  I just saw the door to my RV cracked open a few inches while the girlfriend smoked.   They just woke up a few minutes ago it look like she did not want to step outside because she was just wearing her socks.   I don't want to make things weird but my RV is very nice and very clean and it's very hard to get rid of smoke.   Should I say something? If you can't find my listing just search Buckley Wa you will see my RV They booked 2 nights.  I'm a super host with fantastic reviews my guest had 1 great review.  I don't want to break my streak, they are very nice but smoke smells terrible and lingers. 

2 Replies 2
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Of course you should say something - you need to protect your investment and enforce your rules.  Let them know smoking inside (even with the door cracked) is NOT OK.  I would also make sure to mention it in your review, as this seems a blatant ignoring of your rules and other hosts should know about it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Annette47

I would just pop over and have a friendly chat. Explain your place is no smoking because that's how the majority of guests like it. 

That it takes extra cleaning/money/time to get rid of the smell of smoke, so you would really appreciate it, if they can keep to your house rules and make sure they are actually outside of the accommodation before they smoke rather than standing in the doorway, as the smell just wafts back inside.

Hopefully they will take this well.

You can follow this up with a friendly message via BNB so there is a record.