1 Day No Longer = 24 Hours Notice

1 Day No Longer = 24 Hours Notice

I have it set so that I need 1 day's notice for Instant Bookings. Used to be a little clock showing on the calender up until 3pm (24 hours before my set check-in time) and then it would block the next day if it wasn't booked by then. Last night at 9pm my time (8pm guest's time) I got an IB for today (at 3pm) several hours short of 24 hours notice. I have no problem with the guests, and will keep the booking, but hmmmmmm AirBnB....HMMMMMMM.

11 Replies 11
Zoe34
Level 7
Columbia, MO

Wow, @Todd-and-Reese0, that seems crazy.  If I had gotten a request at 9pm for the next day at 3pm, I may not be able to accept that.  But if they Instant Book, I guess I would have to?  I would have to get out of bed to ready the apartment!  Sometimes, after a guest checks out, I don't have time that day to turnover the apartment.  I guess in that instance, I would need to block off that whole next day from my calendar.  Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Todd-and-Reese0 @Zoe34 that's right, next day will be blocked exactly at midnight. I also noticed that yesterday. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Good to know, @Todd-and-Reese0 and @Branka-and-Silvia0. Thanks for posting. 

So, they changed it to a midnight cutoff now? Love how they roll out changes and we find out by accident. It would be on us, of course, if we couldn't honor it.

@Todd-and-Reese0   Just found your post.  Thanks. I just received an IB for tomorrow, also not 24 hours notice. 

Attached was an Airbnb generated note saying the guest will arrive between 12 (noon) and 2pm and my check-in time is 13:00 or later - so the booking also overrides my check-in preference !

This is misleading, someone has booked for tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 7.54.55 PM.png

@Ange2

If somebody indicated times outside my check in there are tow issue, poor design that allows such timelines to be selected and Guests who obviously never read your listing.

Nothing you can do about the former but you can follow up on the latter.

David

@David126  Yes I could but this is the third IB screw-up in a week and the second today so not only am  I'm running out of cancellations allowed but I do not have the patience right now to run the gauntlet of ill-informed or misinformed employees and go over how Airbnb are doing/allowing things that are in direct contradiction to their policies and statements.  Ahhhh!!!!!!

Lisa367
Level 10
Catania, Italy

Hi Todd!  I noticed the same thing!  We used to have a 2 pm cut off the previous day, but recently had a booking at 9 pm for the next day.  No clue when or how that changed.  But you're right, its definitely not 24 hours anymore.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Ange2

I would messgae the guest and mention that it seems they may have missed your check in time.

David

@David126   Thanks,  I did,  by phone, email and Airbnb message, they have not answered.  I find IB to be so much more work, most IB do not read anything and few respond in a timley manner.

We are so close to turning off IB. Will do it in March when people start booking for summer dates. That's the busy season and when we have the worst guests. We did everything else: raised prices, added a cleaning fee, added all the info everywhere, added a hidden phrase in the rules. Not canceling has been our biggest mistake. Will be using that option more diligently.