Verify youself issue

Adeline25
Level 2
Adelaide, Australia

Verify youself issue

Hello,

I used airbnb once without any troubles 2 months ago.

Now I cannot do any reservation since 1 week. I do all the steps for the reservation. At the end I have a message telling "verify yourself" (screenshot enclosed). At the begening it was detailed and explening that it could take 24h. Now it was 1 week ago and I cannot do any reservation.

I tried to upload my ID to verify my identity but that didn't change anything.

Does someone have a solution?

Thank you in advance.Verify yourself issueO

12 Replies 12
Michael477
Level 10
Cholula, Mexico

@Adeline25:

I always recommend to use the platform instead of the App  -mainly in trouble- because it contains more information.

Please review your payment settings/credit card validity or renew that setting.

Regards

Michael

Saludos
Michael
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

I agree with @Michael477 about using the site @Adeline25.

The issue you are running up against here is that Airbnb wants to verify your payment method and they are requesting that you upload a photo of your credit card statement to verify that it is your card.  This is rather new and they do say 24 hours but they are really backed up.  What happens when you try from the website on a computer or laptop?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thank you for your answers. I have the same issue on the website from a laptop. I already had upload the photo of my card one week ago.

They do not want a photo of your card, they want a photo of your statement for that card.  You can black out the transactions on it but they want to verify that someone is not using your card.  

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Ok. I'm sorry: I'm French and I think I don't understand what "statement" means. Is it a screenshot of my bank account?

The other thing is that they don't propose me to upload again a photo 😞

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Adeline25

When you've figured it out on a computer and are uploading, you might also want to consider uploading a picture of yourself to replace the gray male silhouette that's showing now. 

I did it but I'm not sure that had something to do with my profile picture...

I solved the issue with booking with the account of a friend. Thank you for your help

@Adeline25

Booking using someone else's account is against airbnb policy and you risk being turned away by the host. You are supposed to match the photo in the account and the account is supposed to match your id.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member

Of course my friend is travelling with me so it is the same for the host.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Adeline25

A statement is a "relève" - if your payment method is a credit card (CC), you would need the statement for this card from your card issuer. If your payment method is a debit card connected to your bank account (CB, Carte Bleue), you would need your bank account statement.  

I believe using PayPal woud eliminate the issue.  

I haven't a PayPal account and I would like to book with my card. I solved the issue by using the account of a friend.

Thank you for your help and explanations.