Price mistake

Peter180
Level 2
Christchurch, NZ

Price mistake

My listing is set for $120 a night, I just received my first booking for 2 nights and the customer is paying $239 rather than $240. What is the reason for this? I don't have a multiple night discount set.

Thank you,

Peter

3 Replies 3
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Either currency conversion or rounding up/down or both

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

you might be paid 241 another time, it is a rounding up and down to the nearest dollar, rupee, pound. fluctuates by 1.

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

There seem to be alot of questions about pricing fluctuations on listings.  There main factors that drive this are fees, discounts and currency fluctuations. 

If your noticed that you didn't make what you thought you should have or were charged differently be sure to check your pricing settings there are a number of posts in the community help guide that already discuss this and I put links to the specific posts below. Most likely if you see large changes (More than 1 or 2 USD/GPB/EUR/etc.. 

If the change is small its likely due to currency conversions.  Remeber, that Airbnb does all business now in USD even if paid for and paid out in local currency (GPB, EUR, JPY or whatever).  From what I understand the fees are also calculated in USD so the amount is converted the fee calcualted and then converted back.

Here is an example (see table below).  If the booking was done in the UK at current rates the fee woudl be 5 but if paid in Euro Zone or in Japan it woudl be 4.  However if the dollar changed just a bit more the UK rate woudl be 4 and the Euro woudl be 5. 

snip_20160920131020.png

Change Price, Number of Guests, Check-in/out Dates by Dave & Deb

Charging Extra Fees for Services by Dave & Deb 

Change Cancellation Policy and Check-in/out Times by Dave & Deb

Extra Guest Fee by Dave & Deb 

How Much Does A Guest Pay by Dave & Deb

Payments: How Do They Work by Dave & Deb 

Setting A Discount For Weekly/Monthly or Custom Weeks/Months by Dave & Deb

Setting a Different Minimum Number of Nights for Different Times of the Year by Andrew (New)

Setting Price on Calendar for Single or Set of Days by Dave & Deb

Weekend Pricing by Dave & Deb 

Wrong Price Showing for my Listing by Dave & Deb

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ