My listings locations is suddenly different!?!

Kimberly71
Level 3
Haugesund, Norway

My listings locations is suddenly different!?!

The last two bookings I have gotten some unusualy questions about my location, which I just answered and didnt think much about. Now I see that the city has been changed and now my "near beach house" is in the mountains. To further complicate matters our address is not searchable on AirBnB map, even though I can pinpoint our house on the map. Oddly the zip code is still correct. I am not able to update the listings adresse because that somehow means that I have moved?!? 

Anyone else been exposed to this kind of crazy logic / chaos-making problem? 

3 Replies 3

I'm sorry you are having map trouble. From my understanding, once your address has been entered, it takes a phone call to Airbnb to change it. Please complete the following to get back on track:

First, change your login password to make sure you did not get hacked.

Second, call Airbnb and ask them to move you back and update the map. 415-800-5959

Good luck!

That seems to be easier said than done. After calling they first changed my Norweigan listing to Spain and now they moved my Spanish beach house to a golf course. I don't understand how changing my password could help. How could this be due to a hack when I myself can not change the location of the listing. These changes are coming from AirBnB themselves, but I don't understand why they would do this to me. I just lost a booking because of this chaos. 

And to make matters worse, I use price tips which is using my location to suggest prices. Prices for house by the golf course are less than half of the houses in our neighborhood. I updated prices using price tips last week and it gave a unusually low price for our area but I though - ok lets see what happens. 

I did get a booking for next week but now I see the price suggestion was based on the location mistake. I have been way to naive and trusting. Instant book - off Smart pricing - off and I need to check my listing constantly for possible changes now.