In need to speak to a live person?

Nicole264
Level 1
New York, NY

In need to speak to a live person?

I am having a dispute about a failed Payout from Air bnb and couldn't get an answer online. So I found these two numbers and spoke to a live person. My case is now pending and they are investigating why my money was not paid out. Here they are: 

1-855-424-7262 (long wait!) or USA local numer: 1-415-800-5959. Hope this helps!

21 Replies 21
Csaba0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

It is a complete nonsence they do not have an email or phone number posted on the website!! Clearly they do not want anyone contacting them to save money yet there are many issues where you just cannot find solution online (I wish they had solved this problem!!)

For example: I have a house in the EU what I am renting out here on airbnb. Now I want to receive my EUR payments to my UK based EUR account but when I try to set it up it only allows me to receive payment in GBP. WHY????

I am getting paid in EURs and I have a EUR account. Why can I not receive my money in the currency I was paid by my guests??

Why do I have to pay Airbnb conversion costs then convert the currency back to EUR????

Please help! Anyone!

@Csaba0

I imagine that AirBnB is not set up to make payment in foreign currency but best to contact them to make sure.

David
Csaba0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Strange. When I set up payout to my UK account they can pay out in GBP. When I set it up to my account in Hungary they can payout in HUF. But when I want to set up my guest paid EUR to my EUR account I cannot do it simply because the account is based in the UK. If it were based in, say, Austria then I could receive it in EUR. WHY??? Why Airbnb needs to be keep on transfering the currency received into the currency of the country where it is received WHEN the account is actualy at the same currency as the money is paid in by the guests??? If I am perfectly legal to open a EUR account in the UK when am I not able to receive EUR?? 

Because the UK is not in Euroland and the deafult is GBP would be my guess.

David
Csaba0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I want to receive my money in the same currency as my guests are paying me. For this reason I was legally allowed to open an account in the same currency. Yet Airbnb is restricting me by creating a default currency transfer which is fine but why they dont create an option for me to choose how I want to receive my money? At the same currency as it is paid to me, without the transfer charges, or any other currency? It is so 19th century as is now....

Do let us know what AirBnB say.

David
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Csaba0

There is a sticky in the Community Help on how to make contact.

David