Contacting air bnb to discuss extenuating circumstances policy

Lauren122
Level 1
Skerray, United Kingdom

Contacting air bnb to discuss extenuating circumstances policy

Hi there, I am writing this on behalf of my friends who have had to cancel 2 bookings due to developing a unexpected severe medical condition. Air bnb say they have an extenuating circumstances policy and to get in touch with them to discuss - however as hard as I try I can not fuind an email or phone number - just keeps sending me round in circles... Any help/ information much appriciated. Many thanks, Anna

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Airbnb will not discuss this with you as you are not the host with extenuating circumstances.

Your friend needs to contact Airbnb as soon as possible so her guests can be found alternative accommodation and to see if Airbnb will allow them to cancel under the extenuating circumstances policy.

They can find the number by Googling it or having a look at the 2nd post under Community Help forum.

Claudia365
Level 2
Havana, Cuba

Welcome to the nightmare of trying to get in touch with Airbnb. They have the host making their job. They send us to the community. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Claudia365 But Claudia it is not that they do not make themselves contactable, they do, contact information is on every reservation you receive. And by spending just 5 minutes here on the forum and typing 'contact Airbnb' into the search the community box, you can have full contact information for Airbnb in almost any country that Airbnb operate in!

You have to remember Claudia, that there are more than 800,000 Airbnb hosts around the world, and it is not physically possible to have a helpdesk to take care of every mundane little enquiry that each and every one of those hosts could come up with at any given time. They want hosts to help themselves and that is why hosts in many instances get directed to the Community Centre. This is not only a feedback centre, it is a self help centre just as most major companies you have to deal with have.

And Claudia and @Lauren122.....this is how easy it is......https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M1876...

Or if you want to find out anything concerned with Airbnb, try this....contact us

Cheers.....Rob