New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250

you sound like a very competent host, William. I have two rooms in my house that I use for Airbnb guests. I have a young Australian coming in about an hour... hope it's not too cold for her over here. Just had a very delightful Irish woman stay with me. I very much like Airbnb guests, all are interesting and the majority are really nice people.

Hosting has been interesting and enriching.  Our guests have been a pleasure to deal with and continually help us improve.  They are our best teachers.  I think you are in store for a rewarding journey.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hello , Sawatdee krub

My name is Nutth from Chiang Mai, Thailand.

I just open my house in airbnb for 1 month .... I had 3 guests and it was wanderful experiean.

Now I search and read in forum to collect more information.

nice to meet you all.

Nutth 

Rebecca44
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hey Nutth, it sounds as if you are doing all the right things!

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Rebecca44 Thank you ( Korb kun krub ) , I had been to UK for 3 times love it.

Rebecca44
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

hey, that's good. Bit cold at the moment.

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Rebecca44 please take care , I been there and drove around UK to Schottland ... Love it and of couse it more easy than drive in Thailand 🙂 

Rebecca44
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

I am definitely taking care not to get too cold!

Hi Nutth,.

I've had 2 guests (4 people each time) so far and have another one coming today.  I find the experience interesting too.  I t has taken about a month to get myself up and going.  I read a lot too and have more to learn.

It is interesting to hear about experiences in Thailand!  My future daughter-in-law is from Thailand.  She owns a house in Thailand.  

I wish you are very good hosting experience.

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Alvina0 Yes , I got all 3guests (total 5 peoples) and there are so lovely , My first guest now he go visit his sister in canada and I just sent a postcard to him. Let me shair some words that my guest post in her IG 

" Chiang Mai and this sweet little escape captured my heart so much. When people are so hyped about those chic cafes at Nimman, I spent hours working and chilling on my sala, browsing all the hidden gems Wat Umong has to offer. I felt so at home and at ease. ❤️ Not only I found a home in that three weeks, I also found a new family..thank you Nutth and your mother for everything..and thank you airbnb for making such experience possible..❤️"

I hope you got a great day too.

Hi Nutth,

What a lovely message you received!  They loved your place.  I am just waiting for my next guests to arrive from Portland USA.

Dody1
Level 1
Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Indonesia

I joined glad to hear it. congratulations...

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Dody1 Thank you and nice to meet you , Actually the one who writes is nice woman from indonesia.   

Laura693
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

I have used Airbnb for quite a few years and love it! I did not realize what a community they had within its walls. Pretty awesome!

hi I'm Laura ** from San Antonio Texas USA. I have two daughters and I was blessed and they are lovely! I'm a producer, writer, actor and realtor. It all keeps me pretty busy

Laura693
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Continue… Hmm?  Sorry about the two messages. Doing something wrong I guess.

I'm excited to be here and excited about getting to know the community.

Live love laugh,

Laura