Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team 2022

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team 2022

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.03.35.png

Hi there everyone,

We are having a wonderful start to 2022, despite the ongoing crisis. Already, we have welcomed @Sybe and @Jenny to the Community Center, keeping our English team as three musketeers, as @Nick  departed to support the Host Clubs initiative (we will miss your recipes and games!) I’d also like to give a special mention and thanks to @Katie who stepped away from the CC several months away, without the same grandiose bravado our Nick is known for.

Well, we’re not done there! For those that joined the CC Social on Friday, January 28, this is known news, but for everyone else: our Head of Community, @Lizzie, is back from maternity leave! However, she will not be returning to the role. But don’t worry, she is still working with Airbnb, so you will see her pop up here and there. 

Lizzie has headed the Community Center since its inception back in 2015. There are still a few around that remember the old Airbnb Groups that joined the CC in the early days (looking at you @Anonymous !) She has weathered the best and the worst that hospitality has dealt our Host community. From the very first Month of Celebration, to starting our wonderful CC social, to travelling the world on a Host Tour meeting some of you incredible Hosts  (@Robin4) - Lizzie really has left incredibly big shoes to fill. 

That is where I am stepping in (or at least trying to!) I am honoured to let you know that I have taken on the role of Head of Community here in the Airbnb CC - you can always mention or DM me if you need anything at all, as normal. That also means my position as Lead for the English team is being taken on by someone else. That lovely lady is our senior community manager, @Emilie, from her work in the French Community Center. Please give her the warm welcome you always show our new starters, and the mutual respect you give to each of your OCM team.

It’s such a big year for the Community Center! I can’t wait to start sharing the things that are planned for our Host Community here.

Thanks and let’s keep being incredible, together!

Edit: As of November 2022, we also had the pleasure to welcome @Bhumika to our team!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

21 Replies 21
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

congratulations @Stephanie on your new role.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks for the update @Stephanie @Quincy @Liv @Emilie @Sybe  and let's make 2022 a smashing year  for everyone worldwide.

@Stephanie @Sybe @Liv @Quincy @Emilie @Lizzie @Nick @Katie 

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to another great year~!! 

how-to-say-happy-new-year-in-korean-copy.jpg

istockphoto-1296009108-612x612.jpg

Thanks @Jessica-and-Henry0 , you two dear Koreans always bring back happy memories of my lovely and cheeky Korean Homestay students.

I must find those journals they wrote in and brush up on a few languages this year.

Welcome aboard @Lorraine  on Admin who we see has popped up in the background.

We hope to learn more about your role with ABB to 😉

All the best from Auckland, Nieuw Zeeland

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Thank you for this update, @Stephanie!  I'm sorry I wasn't able to say goodbye to @Katie, who is lovely, but excited about the team above.  @Lizzie took me to tea in London once, so when I can finally go back, I'm going to track you down - just sayin'... 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We will ALL go for tea when you return @Ann72 ! @Huma0 @Helen3 @Gordon0 @Roberta2 and @Paul1255 as well!

-----

That would be amazing @Stephanie@Huma0 @Helen3 @Gordon0 @Roberta2 @Paul1255!

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

count me in!!! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Definitely 🙂 I love Brown's 

https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hotels-and-resorts/brown-s-hotel/dining/the-drawing-room/

And congratulations Stephanie - well deserved 🙂 

Brown's @Helen3  yes!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

You are all welcome to come to "Brown's Eatery and Store" here in Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand on the opposite side of the world  if ever you make it to our shores @Stephanie @Ann72 @Helen3 @Roberta2 @Liv @Huma0 @Paul1255 @Gordon0  @Emilie and all you other folk across the world..:)

There delightful staff make the best coffee ( and treats) and my worms, Botanicals and plants love the Coffee grounds in my garden

https://brownseateryandstore.co.nz/

Melt at the mouth photos in here

https://www.facebook.com/Brownseateryandstore/

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 we have them in UK too! We went to the one in Windsor only a few weeks ago.

271646113_10165802310725548_9106960772332377896_n.jpeg

-----

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry for the tardy response. Jorge and I had our Civil Partnership celebration at Brown's (when us types weren't allowed to get 'properly' married, which we've since done). It remains one of my favourite venues for Afternoon Tea (or anything else for that matter) until today. Let's do it!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Oh I missed this! Sounds like fun @Stephanie  and everyone else. Afternoon tea sounds good, or we can come to Westbourne Studios and @Lizzie can make one of her famous cakes 🍰 yummmm