Κάθε τέλος μια νέα αρχή - Ends are new beginnings

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Κάθε τέλος μια νέα αρχή - Ends are new beginnings

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.35.41.png

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to let you know about some upcoming changes to the Community Team. With a heavy heart, it's time for me to leave the CC, as I will take on a new challenge in my career. 

I've been part of this community for almost two years, and while I didn't join it during the... best of circumstances, I loved coming to work every day, thanks to you all. 

I will dearly miss talking to you, coming up with content ideas for you to read, creating topics and taking virtual tours around the world alongside you; raise your hand if I ever bugged you to create content and send you a doc link to do so. I'll miss the continuous flow of expert advice and knowledge you all had and provided to your peers, the engaging discussions, the fun games. 

The good thing is I'll be staying with Airbnb, building and supporting a team of Host Leaders in Southeast Europe. I will still see most of the CC team in different meetings from time to time and will have a chance to find out how you all are. I might even make a surprise appearance in a meetup - not a threat but proceed with caution 😁

The community will always stay very close to my heart, and I'll make sure to visit from time to time to read your posts. I'll certainly pop in to read your feedback on some exciting things we've been planning for a while. 

This also means that a new Community Manager is stepping in to ensure the trio of managers is restored around here; please give a big welcome to @Sybe - between his love for cooking, his purrfect cat and the energy he brings he’s basically me, but Dutch - so you are in good hands 😜

So go on, keep making me proud! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.39.43.png

32 Replies 32
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi all!

Thank you for the introduction! As @Nick  said, I’m Sybe, the new face of the Community Management Team here on the English speaking Airbnb community. It’s always sad when someone says goodbye, but I’m here to fill that void and I hope I can live up to Nick‘s legacy!

A little bit about me: I was born and raised in the Netherlands and I’ve lived in London for more than four years now. My hobbies and interests vary a lot so I’ve tried to sum them up below:

• I love gaming and I play a wide range of games on different platforms

• What often keeps me busy is DIY and crafting, including crocheting, knitting and sewing (I made the sweater in my profile picture!)

• I enjoy cooking and baking but more so for the result than for the process. Luckily I live with a really good cook so I get to enjoy a lot of good food

• I love learning about other cultures and languages

• Last but not least, the love of my life, my precious little (fur) baby:

Sybe4_0-1642592542293.jpeg

He’s the embodiment of evil and a beacon of joy. A little rascal.

I can’t wait to get to know more about all of you and see what this awesome community is up to!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sybe 

Welcome !

Just curious, but Sybe is a Frisian name, so you are originally from Dutch county Fryslân ?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Emiel1  Thank you! I'm actually from the southwest county of Zeeland. I think my parents really liked Frisian names, and I don't blame them!

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Welcome to ABB CC @Sybe  from down under in Nieuw Zeeland 😉

Great hobbies you have and many could learn a lesson or to from you.

Did you teach yourself to do crafts?

@Nick we will miss you and your contributions and reminding me of treasured memories in the beloved and of Greece.

All the best for your new adventures in the next phase of your life.

Have you and @Sybe @Quincy had a farewell party with all your cats?

Sergi
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good luck @Nick , we will miss you. 

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nick You will be missed. Good luck in your new endeavours

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Nick    I second what @Mike-And-Jane0  just said.  You will be missed !

Safe Travels !

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Nick thank you for your support since joining just over 12 months. Thank you for the games as I take them on as a challenge. I hope you get to see your family sooner seeing you have been holding the fort over the Christmas period. Enjoy your new adventure and "Take care".

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

@Nick   Best Wishes with all your future holds.

@Sybe  Welcome.  I see we have cats that are long last brothers  ^..^

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Wende2 In terms of looks or does yours have a stubborn character too? Thanks for the warm welcome!

-----

Hi......my Bubba is a bully, he gets into trouble all the time.  The boy is grey and white, as a kitten he was bullied by the siblings.  He always had a bewildered look in his eyes, my Grandson said..."funny that he looked like he was asking to be bullied as a kitten, now he is the bully".?  Yep.!

Hope your guy isn't a total trouble maker.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nick 

I wish you good luck in the next step in your career.

Thank you for all your excellent work in the community, the nice games (I participated in most of them) and especially thanks for help in my issue with Airbnb, after which it was resolved quickly.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Nick Very very sad to see you leave. Thanks for all the support you’ve provided to many, here in the CC. Best wishes for what lies ahead!

Welcome to @Sybe 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nick  No!  You can't go - I won't allow it!  What will we do without your emoji games?  And your spot-on pop culture references?  Your sense of humor?  Your talk of Greek islands?   

We will miss you, but I'm excited about your new venture.  And we've got @Sybe to work with - even though...well, you as a Ted Lasso fan know what I'm thinking of saying 🙂

All the best to you, Nick!