Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team 2022

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team 2022

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 11.03.35.png

Hi there everyone,

We are having a wonderful start to 2022, despite the ongoing crisis. Already, we have welcomed @Sybe and @Jenny to the Community Center, keeping our English team as three musketeers, as @Nick  departed to support the Host Clubs initiative (we will miss your recipes and games!) I’d also like to give a special mention and thanks to @Katie who stepped away from the CC several months away, without the same grandiose bravado our Nick is known for.

Well, we’re not done there! For those that joined the CC Social on Friday, January 28, this is known news, but for everyone else: our Head of Community, @Lizzie, is back from maternity leave! However, she will not be returning to the role. But don’t worry, she is still working with Airbnb, so you will see her pop up here and there. 

Lizzie has headed the Community Center since its inception back in 2015. There are still a few around that remember the old Airbnb Groups that joined the CC in the early days (looking at you @Anonymous !) She has weathered the best and the worst that hospitality has dealt our Host community. From the very first Month of Celebration, to starting our wonderful CC social, to travelling the world on a Host Tour meeting some of you incredible Hosts  (@Robin4) - Lizzie really has left incredibly big shoes to fill. 

That is where I am stepping in (or at least trying to!) I am honoured to let you know that I have taken on the role of Head of Community here in the Airbnb CC - you can always mention or DM me if you need anything at all, as normal. That also means my position as Lead for the English team is being taken on by someone else. That lovely lady is our senior community manager, @Emilie, from her work in the French Community Center. Please give her the warm welcome you always show our new starters, and the mutual respect you give to each of your OCM team.

It’s such a big year for the Community Center! I can’t wait to start sharing the things that are planned for our Host Community here.

Thanks and let’s keep being incredible, together!

Edit: As of November 2022, we also had the pleasure to welcome @Bhumika to our team!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

21 Replies 21
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Oh, great news, congrats @Stephanie !
I have a new job, I am hosting again, so keeping busy! It would be lovely to see you guys! 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes, @Roberta2 , but what about your kitchen!? 😉

-----

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

We can have tea here!!! All welcome!!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Roberta2 

agreed-pirates.gif

-----

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I need help @Stephanie 

@I host a room in my flat, as you know

i got a request that I accept - once I saw the profile, I realised it was a guy

i contacted Airbnb - they say they would not cancel without penalty 

I never ever ask anything 

can this please be escalated?

thanks

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Roberta2 Did you find a solution for this one in the end? I'm sorry we didn't catch your message earlier, if you still need help please give me a shout. 🙂  

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi

Yes, the sent me super rude email saying that they did not have to, but they would cancel this 1 time as a courtesy.

I had to copy and paste Airbnb rules informing them that no, it was my right to cancel as I could not see the picture, the name was not a recognizable male / female name (so I could not see picture before accepting the reservation) and as I share my home, including shared spaces, I had the right to host females only, and it was their duty to cancel and not make me feel bad about it or punish me.

thanks!