New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‡

Hello everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the Community Center! ๐Ÿ‘‹  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling๐Ÿšฒ, playing footballโšฝ, and travelling๐ŸŒ . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika ๐ŸŒ I was born in Gujarat, India ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ , and shifted to Toronto, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ last year! ๐Ÿ“ท I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. ๐ŸŒ† When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and currently living in British Columbia, Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance ๐Ÿ’ƒ) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries ๐ŸŒŽ and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking ๐Ÿšฒ and hiking ๐Ÿ”.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง but my roots are Bangladeshi ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ. I love cats ๐Ÿฑ, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking ๐Ÿช. I also love travelling โœˆ๏ธ  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! ๐Ÿ’–

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist ๐ŸŒฟ and like to minimise my impact on the planet ๐ŸŒŽ as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming ๐ŸŒŠ yoga on the beach ๐Ÿง˜โ€ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! ๐Ÿ™Œ 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,904 Replies 1,904
Laura
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @Katherine1064 , bienvenida a esta comunidad de anfitriones y feliz de tenerte aquรญ ๐Ÿ™‚

Para que puedas participar y conversar con anfitriones tanto de Ecuador como de diferentes partes del mundo, te invito a visitar la Comunidad en espaรฑol donde puedes pedir consejos y sugerencias a otros anfitriones para mejorar tu anuncio.

Te dejo acรก el link para que inicies un nuevo hilo:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Centro-de-la-Comunidad-SP/ct-p/centro-de-la-comunidad 

ยกTe deseo lo mejor!

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad // Por favor consulte as Normas da comunidade

Paul10498
Level 2
Miraflores, Peru

Hola a todos.

Es un gusto saber que existe esta comunidad de apoyo.  Soy Paul y llevo ya 4 aรฑos de anfitriรณn. Soy de Lima - Perรบ. Me dedico principalmente a las importaciones, y tengo un departemento en Miraflores que lo tengo registrado en Airbnb. Ha sido muy gratificante ser anfitriรณn durante todo este tiempo, ya que he podido concoer personas de muchas partes del mundo. Me gusta viajar tambiรฉn y concer nuevas culturas. Me encantan la musica, el deporte y la lectura. 

Encantado de poder apoyar con consejos รบtiles de acuerdo a mis propias experiencias como anfitriรณn y huรฉsped tambรญen en algunos casos.

Saludos y seguimos en contacto.

Laura
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hola @Paul10498 , bienvenido a esta comunidad de anfitriones y espero que nos puedas participar en muchas conversaciones y temas ๐Ÿ˜‰

Me gustarรญa decirte que tenemos una comunidad en espaรฑol donde puedes comunicarte con otros anfitriones de Perรบ y otras partes del mundo... Te invito a que compartas tus pensamientos y experiencias con nosotros haciendo click en el enlace de abajo:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Centro-de-la-Comunidad-SP/ct-p/centro-de-la-comunidad 

ยกTe deseo lo mejor!

-----

Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad // Por favor consulte as Normas da comunidade

Carolyn916
Level 2
Pittsfield, MA

Hello!  Since September Iโ€™ve lived in Pittsfield, MA. This will be my second winter in my life, having only lived through a snowy winter in Nanjing, China in 1983 while studying acupuncture there (doing post-graduate training after studying in California and receiving a state license!) otherwise winters have been In California or Israel. My daughter told me in 2021 that the house next door to her in the Berkshires would soon be for sale and since she has my 4 little grandsons I quickly purchased the house! It has been rented through a management company called Evolve until yesterday. Since now I live in it full time I took over as manager as of today. Gulp!! An algorithm used to pick the pricing. Evolve used to pay state taxes. Itโ€™s scary to be in charge! But exciting. Glad I have all of you for advice!

Nicola3281
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hiya, I'm Nicola from London. I've been an AirBnB host since March 2023 so fairly new but I'm loving it! My goal is to expand from renting a single room in my home to entire properties so I'm looking forward to gaining lots of knowledge, tips and advice from this community and gaining new friends too!

@Nicola3281 This is a great goal !  I currently am renting a single room as well, and hmmm maybe that should be my goal as well !   What type of property would you start out with ?   Condo, single family home, or other ?   (I've been a host since Dec 2022 and I am loving it so far) 

Yael110
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi. Iโ€™m Yael - we are in North West London in a quiet tranquil space next to the Dollis River Walk. Weโ€™re hosting a nice private flat in the extension of our home for visitors to London who want to stay and explore a bit longer. Itโ€™s also good for newlyweds, students or if youโ€™re in between homes. Weโ€™d love to host you! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Yael110,

Welcome to the Community Center! Your space sounds amazing. Thanks for introducing yourself. 

You'll find lots of support and advice by using the search bar at the top but please don't be afraid to ask questions. We're a super friendly bunch, bursting with ideas. 

We've got some great guides written by Hosts just like you, with a wealth of information. 

-----

Bianny4
Level 6
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Hi !!! 

Im Bianny from the Dominican Republic ! I love food, architecture and traveling. Im a host since 2018 and I love showing my culture to everyone making them feel at home. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Bianny4 

Welcome to the Community Center! You're going to have to share and advice of what you do with your guests to show them your culture. There's nothing better than experiencing a country from the Hosts perspective. 

Rebecca

-----

Bianny4
Level 6
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Above all, embody the spirit of Dominican hospitality by welcoming our guests with open arms, sharing stories about your culture and customs, and making them feel like part of the family. Encourage them to ask questions and immerse themselves fully in the Dominican experience. And of course , a big smile ! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

I adore this @Bianny4 - thank you so much for sharing! ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----

Hi , My name is Adebayo Ayorinde , A resident of calgary , Alberta , New to Airbnb , got a 2 bed basement for rent , Newly built and furnished . 

Charles1718
Level 1
New York, NY

Hi, I'm Chach!

I'm from New York. I love eating, reading and hikking. I live in a metropolis area and I offer accommodation in the country and touristic advice in the area.

Afterwards we could have a chat on health, nutrition and sports recovery as my interests have become my daily job ๐Ÿ˜Š! I enjoy sharing and listening to others' experiences on life.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Charles1718  aka Chach! 

It's so great to have you here on the Community Center! We've got so many lovely stories for our Week of Celebration line up here. 

Let me know what you think and join in if you would like to. 

Rebecca 

-----