New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,999 Replies 1,999
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Charles1718  aka Chach! 

It's so great to have you here on the Community Center! We've got so many lovely stories for our Week of Celebration line up here. 

Let me know what you think and join in if you would like to. 

Rebecca 

-----

Rose2352
Level 1
Sandton, South Africa

I’m from South Africa.  I have been hosting since 2016.  I am passionate about hosting and interior decorating.  I love hiking, living in our game farm and cooking.  Worked for the bank for many years.  

I look forward to visiting your establishments in the near future.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Rose2352,

Wonderful to meet and to have you join us on the Community Center. I hope that you can find connection and also shared your knowledge and experiences as a Host. 

You'll find lots of support and advice by using the search bar at the top but please don't be afraid to ask questions. We're a super friendly bunch, bursting with ideas. 💡

-----

FairyFine0
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Hi, my name is Lexie, Fairyfine is just an alias name. I have been a member of Traveling for 7 years, this is the first time of being a co-host, have been Co-host for only 1 month, many things new I still have to learn, hope to find and learn some tricks or up-to-date what’s going on in this community. Hope you guys Merry Christmas 2023 .

Ryan3473
Level 2
Fort Wayne, IN

Hello everyone!  My name is Ryan, and I'm hosting a property in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  I enjoy raising four wonderful children with my wife.  We also have a dog, a beagle mix, who keeps everyone busy!  I also enjoy playing golf, coaching my son's little league team, and date nights with my wife.  

Lisa8744
Level 2
Atenas, Costa Rica

Hi, my name is Lisa. I have recently begun hosting two newly completed Casitas in beautiful Costa Rica. 

Nice to meet you all and grateful for this community collaboration forum!

Petra809
Level 2
Ripenda Kosi, Croatia

Hello everyone 😊,

My name is Petra and I live in Istra, Croatia. I'm a host for 6+years. 

I like reading,  walking,  hiking and we enjoy hedonistic good food. 

Nice to meet you all. 

Petra

Traci243
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Greetings!!! My name is Traci, I’m an American now living in New Zealand with my husband (also American) and 2 adult children! For many years I loved the thought of having a Bed & Breakfast… since my husband was forced out of his job of 30yrs  with SAP, I have decided it’s time!!!

I’m a retired caterer and restaurant owner and can’t wait to spoil my guests!

our bright and beautiful home is in a little village just east of Auckland, minutes to walk to the beach and anything you may need! 

Qianqian5
Level 2
Saint-Paul-en-Forêt, France

Hello everyone!

I'm a new host on Airbnb and I'm thrilled to be part of this community. I own a luxurious and comfortable villa in the south of France, perfect for a family stay. 

I've just listed this property on Airbnb, but I've noticed that its ranking isn't as high as I'd like, and it's not easily found on the map. I would like to ask for your advice on how to improve my listing's ranking as a new host. Are there specific strategies or tips that can help me?

Additionally, I'm very interested in providing an excellent guest experience. If you have any suggestions on how to offer better customer service, please share them with me.

Thank you all so much for your help, and I look forward to learning more in this community!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Qianqian5

Welcome to the Community Center!  Thanks for introducing yourself. 

You'll find lots of support and advice by using the search bar at the top but please don't be afraid to ask questions and start a discussion. We're a super friendly bunch, bursting with ideas. 

We've got some great guides written by Hosts just like you, with a wealth of information. 

-----

Josue134
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

Hola soy Josué de Venezuela, y ahora estoy en España me gusta la cultura europea y me encanta tratar con público, trabajo en la comunidad hace dos meses y me ha encantado

Van-Thang1
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

Hello everyone! ❤️💕 nice to meet you all !

My name Mr Van Thang. I'm from Vietnam . I am happy to send you Christmas greetings & New Year 2024 wishes. I am very grateful to Airbnb for creating this playground. I have beautiful houses with nature and a friendly environment. We invite you to come to Vietnam, my country!

Thank you so much !

Karen4002
Level 2
Auburn, KS

Hello everyone,  I'm from Auburn, Kansas. Three years ago, my husband and I bought an older small house in the country and refurbished it for step-dad who moved here from Texas. He passed away in January this year and I finally decidedly to list the house on airbnb in November.  We are marketing more to hunters as there is a lot of walk in hunting where we are.  So far three hunters have rented and they all got what they came for. 

This airbnb venture has been a little scary,  but I'm learning. I am a part-time  consulting director for a non-profit and my husband works for MARS.  I enjoy baking and listening to audio books. I have two grown children and a beautiful granddaughter.  Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and prosperous 2024!

Helen3283
Level 2
Penrith, United Kingdom

Hello everyone

I’m Helen and am based in Cumbria, in the heart of the Lake District national park. I love writing, reading, hiking and tennis. 
I am relatively new to Air BnB and am looking forward to interacting with other hosts to learn more about the community and how to improve my offer. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Helen3283 ,

It is nice to hear more about you! Welcome to the Community😍.

Do you have a few book recommendations for us, that you absolutely loved reading? 😉

-----