New Host

Answered!
Dasi20
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

New Host

Hi all, 

I just started hosting my downtown Phoenix bungalow, and I am hoping to gain some insight into being a host on Airbnb. Any tips or tricks that work best for a new listing or for a Phoenix metro area host?

Anything is appreciated, thank you!

Dasi

1 Best Answer

Hi @Dasi20 

Welcome to hosting on Airbnb! It's an exciting journey, but I totally get that it can feel overwhelming at first. Here are a few tips that really helped me when I started out, I want to believe you will find a tip or two useful for your downtown Phoenix bungalow;

1. Great Photos: Showcase your bungalow's best features.
  2. Clear Description: Highlight what makes your place unique.
  3. Competitive Pricing: Set rates based on similar listings.
  4. Prompt Communication: Respond quickly to inquiries.
  5. Personal Recommendations: Offer local tips for a great stay.
  6. Cleanliness: Keep your bungalow clean and comfy.

Hope these help you get started. Feel free to ask if you have questions. Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @Dasi20 

Welcome to hosting on Airbnb! It's an exciting journey, but I totally get that it can feel overwhelming at first. Here are a few tips that really helped me when I started out, I want to believe you will find a tip or two useful for your downtown Phoenix bungalow;

1. Great Photos: Showcase your bungalow's best features.
  2. Clear Description: Highlight what makes your place unique.
  3. Competitive Pricing: Set rates based on similar listings.
  4. Prompt Communication: Respond quickly to inquiries.
  5. Personal Recommendations: Offer local tips for a great stay.
  6. Cleanliness: Keep your bungalow clean and comfy.

Hope these help you get started. Feel free to ask if you have questions. Good luck.

This definitely helps! Thank you!

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

Hello I am in Buckeye Arizona.  I used to rent my places in  Hawaii  for many years.

1.  First determine what is your market?   In Buckeye since nothing to do haha, mmy market iss contract workers usually longer term.  Different things important  than  my    vacationing Hawaii tourists.

2.  Then  highlight why you are the  best choice..  In Hawaii price of course is the highlight i Buckeye  contractors staying a month or two usually per diem helps them pay costs. I am average price but also in Buckeye  I usually have 3 guest rooms rented out and occasionally a fourth room pretty much  average is  full  all   year long.  Because I focus on what is important to those guests.The contractors choose my average price because I offer amenities like free laundry mini fridge in  every guest room..

3.  Some of my best ideas came from my guests.  I always pick  brains what did you like what would you change

4.  In Hawaii the new  listing discounts were great.  In  Buckeye, the discounts brought requests that were not good.  I  do have discounts but targeted at my market  30 day stay that gets a discount but not 1 night stay.

5..I do  allow pets  but   I have learned to explain my bedrooms are  not just oversized kennels.  If they can hang in the living room  with my babies, I charge  a minimal fee weekly and I  will let them  in and  out yard or the guest is expected to take their dog  with them  when they  come and go, for  me the issue wasn't damage it was barking at being left alone  at  a strange place

Great tips! Thank you @Marie8425