How best to list my 3.5 bedroom (sleeping 7 adults)

Answered!

How best to list my 3.5 bedroom (sleeping 7 adults)

Hi fellow Airbnb'ers

We have a newish listing.  It has 2 large bedrooms with kings bed each and 1 smaller rooms with a double.  There is also a dedicated t/v reading room with a sofa bed for 1.  We also have cots for kids.    Most of the guests so far have been groups of 4 or 2 adults and kids (using only 2 bedrooms).   

We have had really low rates because it has been a new rental, but now would like to increase rate and am wondering if I should list it at its maximum occupancy (7), or as 4 ppl and an extra charge for extras.  Any thoughts?

TIA - Shar  🙂

1 Best Answer
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Shar-and-Tim0 

It's great that you're already noticing patterns in your reservations. Once you realize the type of guest that suits your property best, your communication with them will improve, along with the amenities you provide and the frequency of questions. Additionally, it will help you identify guests who don't fit your property.

If most of your reservations are for four people, avoid setting a higher price for seven people, as it may deter bookings of families of four. The key question is what the minimal price should be for you to open the door. Some hosts prefer not to bother if it's not a full house, while others, who want back-to-back reservations, are more flexible and set the minimum number of guests at, for example, two in your case, and then add an extra charge for additional guests. The answer to this question will affect pricing, availability, and cancellation strategy.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Guy991
Level 10
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Shar-and-Tim0 

It's great that you're already noticing patterns in your reservations. Once you realize the type of guest that suits your property best, your communication with them will improve, along with the amenities you provide and the frequency of questions. Additionally, it will help you identify guests who don't fit your property.

If most of your reservations are for four people, avoid setting a higher price for seven people, as it may deter bookings of families of four. The key question is what the minimal price should be for you to open the door. Some hosts prefer not to bother if it's not a full house, while others, who want back-to-back reservations, are more flexible and set the minimum number of guests at, for example, two in your case, and then add an extra charge for additional guests. The answer to this question will affect pricing, availability, and cancellation strategy.

Thank you for your great response Guy and for taking the time to write it.   I think we might need to play with different options and see what works best.  Thanks again.