A Host to Check my Airbnb Before I have Guests

Answered!
Felix500
Level 1
New York, United States

A Host to Check my Airbnb Before I have Guests

Hello, I am looking for an existing host near my new airbnb to come over and let me know what I can/should fix or improve before I host my first guest.

I just got the property over the summer and we've been updating some things and furnishing the place.  I'm interested in having someone come over and look over what I have done and give me advice on what else I can do to be an excellent host.

Is this possible?  I am also open to having someone stay a night or two and tell me what's working and what's not working so I can fix it.

Thank you!!

Felix

1 Best Answer

Hi @Felix500 

Definitely a great idea to have someone take a look. I don't live in the area, but do you have any friends in the area that could stay and give you their opinion? Many new Hosts do that.  I would have them use every appliance, wash clothes, do dishes, use the fireplace, test out the AC/heat etc. 

There are ALOT of things you need to do after you publish your listing. Airbnb has made the new listing setup minimal to make it easier to create a listing. However, lots of "minefields" for you if you aren't diligent about all the things that need to be added/edited on a new listing once you hit the "publish" button. Airbnb defaults alot of settings that you may not want:

Airbnb New Listing Defaults:

- Instant Book defaults to ON (you may not want that)

- Calendar Availability is set to 12months (you may not want that)

- Cancellation Policy is set to "flexible" (you may not want that)

- Review Amenities Section

- Add Check-In Instructions

- Add Check-out Instructions

.....and the list goes on 😊.  I sent you a DM with some addl info.

Wishing you much success!

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi @Felix500 

Definitely a great idea to have someone take a look. I don't live in the area, but do you have any friends in the area that could stay and give you their opinion? Many new Hosts do that.  I would have them use every appliance, wash clothes, do dishes, use the fireplace, test out the AC/heat etc. 

There are ALOT of things you need to do after you publish your listing. Airbnb has made the new listing setup minimal to make it easier to create a listing. However, lots of "minefields" for you if you aren't diligent about all the things that need to be added/edited on a new listing once you hit the "publish" button. Airbnb defaults alot of settings that you may not want:

Airbnb New Listing Defaults:

- Instant Book defaults to ON (you may not want that)

- Calendar Availability is set to 12months (you may not want that)

- Cancellation Policy is set to "flexible" (you may not want that)

- Review Amenities Section

- Add Check-In Instructions

- Add Check-out Instructions

.....and the list goes on 😊.  I sent you a DM with some addl info.

Wishing you much success!