Rate Seasonality

Answered!
Lynn1939
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Rate Seasonality

We are new to Airbnb and have been doing well for 2 months. Where can I get analytics to help guide us in adjusting our rates based on customer demand by month? Thanks!

1 Best Answer

Hi @Lynn1939 

You can manually review what your competitiion (similar properties) are doing and adjust your prices accordingly. Pick listings that are popular and have full calendars and use that as a guideline. How far out you adjust prices is dependent on your type of property. Larger homes get booked further out. 

Another option is to use a third party Dynamic Pricing software that will adjust your prices automatically. However, that requires you to link your Airbnb account to that third party software which can have it's own issues. You will still need to monitor what the Dynamic Pricing software is doing though....it's not set and forget. There are several options out; below are a few:

PriceLabs

Beyond Pricing

Wheelhouse

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Lynn1939 

You can manually review what your competitiion (similar properties) are doing and adjust your prices accordingly. Pick listings that are popular and have full calendars and use that as a guideline. How far out you adjust prices is dependent on your type of property. Larger homes get booked further out. 

Another option is to use a third party Dynamic Pricing software that will adjust your prices automatically. However, that requires you to link your Airbnb account to that third party software which can have it's own issues. You will still need to monitor what the Dynamic Pricing software is doing though....it's not set and forget. There are several options out; below are a few:

PriceLabs

Beyond Pricing

Wheelhouse

Hi @Joan2709 

Thanks for your excellent response. Our units are in Orlando where there of lots of activities bringing in people. I think I'll check into the third party companies that a lot more data than I do.

All the best,

Lynn1939

Hetten0
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi @Lynn1939,
Congratulations on your success with Airbnb so far. Managing rate seasonality can indeed make a big difference. I'll share few tricks that has worked well for my listing.
I regularly check the prices of similar listings in my area. Looking at their availability and how far out they're booked helps me decide when and how much to adjust my rates. This approach keeps me competitive without constantly changing my prices.
I’ve also integrated dynamic pricing software which has been a game-changer. I use Beyond Pricing. It analyzes market trends and adjusts my rates automatically, saving me a lot of time and boosting my revenue. Just make sure to review its recommendations regularly to ensure they align with your hosting style and local events that could affect demand.
Both methods have helped me optimize my earnings throughout different seasons. I suggest starting with manual adjustments while getting a feel for the market, then considering a pricing tool as you grow.
Happy hosting!