LGBT+ Host MeetUp \ Super(Gay)host MeetUp

Eugene1
Level 6
Galway, Ireland

LGBT+ Host MeetUp \ Super(Gay)host MeetUp

Hi all. As the countdown to AO16 begins, I'm just throwing it out there to see if any of you would be interested in organising an LGBT+ meetup at the Open this year. I'm thinking we could do two of them, one at the AO daytime as an informal breakout session where LGBT+ hosts and guests could share advice with one another about our hosting styles, how (if at all) our sexuality informs our approach to hosting/travelling etc., what we think of the latest changes to Airbnb's anti-discrimination policy, and how we can help to make the platform a more inviting and welcoming experience for all hosts and guests alike.

And maybe we could organise a second evening time meetup which would be much more of a relaxed social affair, where we can let our hair down a bit and have a drink and a laugh. (and a dance!)

Any takers? If there's enough interest, I'm happy to take the lead on seeing if we can organise a space for us to meet daytime, but as a non-native to LA, suggestions for an evening meetup would be greatly welcome. 

Thanks, 

Eugene

15 Replies 15
Eugene1
Level 6
Galway, Ireland

I just think it would be great to have the most "super" hosts of them all meetup at the Open and bring a bit of rainbow colour to the festivities! Haha 🙂

I'm in:~)

Rose

Totally off topic, but would you happen to know what the levels mean after everyones name?

Your level refers to the amount of contribution you've given to the online community. 

I don't think it bears much significance really, other than to show how engaged you are with the online discussion boards. 

Count me in too Eugene:). Super indeed.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Count me in

Great guys, 

I'll keep you posted. 

Susan234
Level 3
Asheville, NC

I'm not gay but as a person who lives in a very liberal community and as person who accepts all people as humans without qualifiers I would be interested. I am saddened by people who limit theirselves from experiencing anyone based on profiles. My experience throughout my long life is that good people have nothing to do with stereotypes especially anyone who is "different". Anyone who is different from me in any way enriches my life.

That's really encouraging to hear and a fantastic outlook to have Susan. Of course, the meetup would be open to anyone that believes in opening their homes without prejudice. Should be a fun bunch of people to get together. 🙂

Sounds interesting.

Maxine14
Level 2
Shanghai, China

awesome. is there any APP tool like "wechat"(popular in China~) to group the friends for convenient post and organizing? here from website to the conversation feels so tough.

Hi Maxine, 

I'm afraid we'll have to communicate through the community centre for now. 

I'm working with an Airbnb team member in Paris to organise the meetup. And when I have more details confirmed, I'll be posting them here for anyone who is interested. 

If we do come up with another, more convenient way to communicate with those interested in attending, I'll be sure to let you know. 

🙂

Valuemytime0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

keep me updated! I'm not gay but possibly have something to add! where is gonna be? im in London, UK

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Valuemytime0,

Great to meet you. I'm afraid it was at this year's Airbnb Open in LA. 

@Eugene1, how did your meeting go? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.