What to provide?

Fiona917
Level 2
Bicheno, Australia

What to provide?

Just a quick question, I provide multiple different tea, sugar, hot chocolate and I have a breville espresso coffee machine and provide ground coffee.  I have just had a guest in and left feedback that maybe I should consider providing instant coffee, what are people’s thoughts?? Also should I be providing milk?  I’m very new at this so I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks 😊

16 Replies 16
Vickie154
Level 2
Middleburg, VA

Hi @Fiona917,

In our Airbnb, I provide ground coffee in individual packets, one for each night the guest is staying, several tea bags (caffeinated and decaffeinated), hot chocolate packets if they have kids, coffee creamer, sugar and other sweetener packets, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt & pepper, Italian spices, a filled Brita pitcher in the fridge, individual bottles of water on each bedside table, fresh flowers, a bottle of prosecco or wine (Trader Joe's has good inexpensive options) and usually some chocolates or cookies. I finish it off with a handwritten welcome note.  

For toiletries, I have small hotel-style shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, makeup wipes and soaps. 

I figure its costs me roughly $25-$30 per stay, but I think well worth it to provide convenience and comfort for our guests.  I think it's the details that count!

Good luck with your rental!

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

For me   because either I was supplying like coffee when they don't drink coffee or they would assume I have an endless supply.   I have in my head and in my  pricing a dollar limit of what I can spend on a guest depending on length of stay.  Usually a week before their stay I will ask what would be a plus for them during their stay..  A lot of times, like me, my guests have their preferred coffee they just want access to the preferred appliance, drip pod or french press.   Or their is another preference dog food, bananas or a specific type of pan.  I cater mostly to longer business stays and this  is felt to be a big plus.    Also if a little more  expensive then my mental budget (I don' share with them my number) I can decide make an exception or offer to provide for a cost.