What kitchen and bathroom products do you leave for guests on long stays?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What kitchen and bathroom products do you leave for guests on long stays?

123.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋

From different discussions in our community, it's clear that short and long-term stays have unique needs, requiring Hosts to adapt their approach.

For short stays, many Hosts provide essentials like dish soap, laundry detergent, trash bags, shampoo, and lotion. Some even go the extra mile, offering new toothbrushes and deodorant in case a guest forgets theirs.

This raises some questions: do you provide the same items for longer stays? How much of each item do you leave, and how do you calculate the right amount to ensure it's neither too little nor too much?

Share your thoughts in the comments and let's learn from each other’s experiences 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

33 Replies 33
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Paula  Short stays or long stays, every guest receives the same kitchen and bathroom items.  We supply what we call "starter supplies" and advise our guests to purchase additional supplies for their own use as needed.  

Bathroom:  3-4 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, large hand soap dispenser, hotel size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, bar soap, packaged toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, disposable razor, travel size deodorant.  

Kitchen:  Packaged dish/sink sponge, hand soap dispenser, 8 oz dish soap dispenser, 1 packaged roll of paper towels, paper napkins, dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent pods, laundry softener, trash bags for kitchen and bathroom cans, all-purpose kitchen cleaner with rags.

We also provide olive oil, salt, pepper, assorted spices, coffee filters, refillable Keurig pods,  packaged sugar, sweetener and creamer.  No refrigerated condiments.

I do the same but I leave a cheese board in the fridge and bottle of water and wine. 
I don’t replenish as they get a discount for a longer stay.

I agree,  with Paula. 

My policies are similar to Sofia66 

Sofia66
Level 2
Miami Beach, FL

I leave more for long stay. A long stay for me is 3 weeks and guests receive the same things that any guests that stay few days but I just multiply for 3 weeks of stay. Usually my guests of few days or 3 weeks don’t need to buy shampoo,conditioner, hand soap, detergent, cleaning supplies, toilet papers …

Wendy1563
Level 2
Mytchett, United Kingdom

We offer a 10 per cent discount for ‘long stays’. We offer a free igloo meal / evening every third evening. This includes a meal, pudding and a bottle of wine. Our kitchen area offers microwave, 2 x hob, full fridge, all breakfast items, oil, fresh coffee, mayo, ketchup as well as salt, pepper and sometimes fresh herbs. We welcome them with wine and whatever is fresh at the market. It prevents us from having not nice guests. We feel discounts are not needed for long stays as everything is done including bed sheets changed, towels washed every four nights.

Hi Paula,

Not sure how you define "long stay". For us normal stay is 4-7 days anything over that we'd consider long. We don't rent as tenancy. 

As for items ... bath linens, soaps and cleaning supplies.... enough toilet paper for days booked. We get all we need at VR Supplies® They have a good list.

Lynne

Doug-And-Diane0
Level 3
San Diego, CA

We also advise our guests that we are leaving starter supplies, but our home is fairly well stocked with enough to get the guests through a good portion of their stay. For bathrooms, we leave 4 double rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom, along with large containers of body wash, shampoo and conditioner. We also supply tissue, lotion, Q-Tip's and personal wipes.

In the kitchen, we leave a large roll of paper towels, dish soap, cleanser, dishwasher pods, and Rinse Aid for the dishwasher. We also leave spices, herbs, oils, vinegars, coffee, tea, flour, sugar and other food items.

We supply detergent, fabric softener, stain remover and various cleaning supplies.

Diane

Aisha0
Level 3
Chicago, IL

We supply larger / more units of everything we offer our short term guests. Everything we offer is earth friendly, safe and organic products.

Consumables:

Kitchen is fully equipped with a loaded pantry (coffee, tea, sugar, oils, spices, snacks)

Cleaning supplies:

Paper towels, Dish soap, Surface cleaners.

Toileteries: 

Bathroom - Soaps, Shampoo +  Hair care, body care and oral care packages

Toilet paper, Bathroom cleaning products.

Helene454
Level 2
Oliphant, Canada

I provide soap, shampoo, conditioner

paper plates , cutlery, towels , bedding, coffee & tea creamer 

Marlene76
Level 7
Montana, United States

Ooh, I am an anomaly. I only allow short stays, and I do all the cleaning.

Melissa1248
Level 2
Kawartha Lakes, Canada

Same as short term just more of it. Bottles of shampoo, body wash, extra rolls of paper towels toilet, paper. Ensure adequate supply of tea, coffee, sugar, etc to last the length of the stay.

Dawn909
Level 2
Kadoka, SD

All three of my air bb spots have dish soap, hand soap, shampoo , conditioner and body wash.  If something gets missed after cleaning and a product is empty or missing there should be some on site  or someone to provide a refill. Or replacement.

Nothing calculated.  If things get used up during a long stay I would expect the client to replace their own personal products.

Don60
Level 1
Groton, NY

Hi Paula. The standard bathroom supplies our body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, fresh towels and washcloths, toilet paper, facial tissues, an air freshener. There is no kitchen available. There is a coffee lounge with a small microwave oven, a hot electric kettle that will boil water for instant coffee, tea, or cocoa, some disposable plates and cutlery and cups. There's no cooking allowed in my Airbnb. It's basically just reheating food in the microwave.