What kitchen and bathroom products do you leave for guests on long stays?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What kitchen and bathroom products do you leave for guests on long stays?

123.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋

From different discussions in our community, it's clear that short and long-term stays have unique needs, requiring Hosts to adapt their approach.

For short stays, many Hosts provide essentials like dish soap, laundry detergent, trash bags, shampoo, and lotion. Some even go the extra mile, offering new toothbrushes and deodorant in case a guest forgets theirs.

This raises some questions: do you provide the same items for longer stays? How much of each item do you leave, and how do you calculate the right amount to ensure it's neither too little nor too much?

Share your thoughts in the comments and let's learn from each other’s experiences 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

33 Replies 33

I haven’t had a long term stay yet! But I do have one booked for this Summer. A month long stay! And I plan to leave everything that I always leave for my shorter stay guests, except to leave extra to hopefully cover the full month, with a disclaimer that if any cleaning or person items run out, that they would need to purchase more out of pocket for themselves, because I will leave ample. 

For the bathrooms I will leave - 3 large bottles full each of conditioner / shampoo / body wash. And extra toilet paper stocked / Make sure the hand soap containers are full and put an extra bottle of hand soap in the cabinet. Make sure that each bathroom has tissue paper. And then be sure all laundry supplies are available with a full large container of detergent. As well as keeping cleaning supplies out and available for them such as a mop, the vacuums, brooms, dusters etc. I will also make sure that I have a full new bottle of dish detergent and additional paper towels stocked. Basically just being certain everything is fully stocked and knowing what I use in my own home in a month’s time, is a good way to gauge how much a guest would. Hope that helps. 

I don’t differentiate between short term and long term guests. Everyone gets:

6 rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom with 24 rolls in the supply closet they have access to.  Full size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, toothpaste and dental floss..  

1 roll of paper towels in the kitchen with 8-10 rolls in the supply closet.  Lots of different spices, olive oil, vegetable oil, syrup, salad dressings, rice cooker, blender, wok, pots, pans, real dishes and bowls and silverware. 

I provide enough laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, and individual wrapped sponges for at least 6 months. 

I live on the property so I stay in the rental portion every couple of months to make sure everything someone would need to live there is available. 

Cha5
Level 2
Fort Walton Beach, FL

I provided for the guests short stay  and long stays the same, add more supplies provided to last guests until they check out. If my condo doesn’t have the washer and dryer, I provide more towels shampoo conditioner etc…

Abi010
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Hi Paula,  as I am a live in host, I provide whatever is needed to maintain a good and welcoming home, except personal shampoo and conditioner as I believe each person have their preferences,  also some may suffer from allergy and I specify in my listing that I don't provide it.So far only 1 guest has complained about no shampoo, but I don't feel obligated to  change. 

Happy hosting