[Guide] Treat the parents with child-friendly amenities

Answered!
Jennifer3225
Host Advisory Board Member
Port Severn, Canada

[Guide] Treat the parents with child-friendly amenities

"Parents love knowing that we supply just what they need"

Knowing that you will be hosting small people works well when you plan ahead, but you don't have to break the bank.

Having small people furniture provides a special place just for your little guests that are unique and just for them. Not only does it keep sticky fingers off the furniture, but little people like to have their own space. A bean bag is a great solution for young ones until they are 5 or 6 years old.

One small guest held firm that this chair was hers, and was able to drag this around where she needed to be.  The parents really appreciated this special touch. Providing Child size seating is always handyProviding Child size seating is always handy

Consider stocking a few items that parents may need and sometimes forget. I purchased this item at our local dollar store and feel so good offering a special product just to be used by the small guests.  

Be sure to pick up supplies just for the little people.Be sure to pick up supplies just for the little people.

We also try and support the travelling parent by having as many items as possible for small people. 

Some items we have (and all purchased Re-use stores, or through FaceBook Market Place and also Kijiji) which are Canadian Buy and Sell platforms. 

1. Highchair
  2. Pack and Play
  3. Crib, but not full size, a smaller one. Sample here from Wayfair.Jennifer3225_0-1677177799775.jpeg
  4. Playmat
  5. Bath Toys
  6. Regular toys that are dishwasher friendly (handy for cleaning later)
  7. Small child towels
  8. Children's books
  9. Bean Bag Chairs
  10. Mommaroo (for infants)
  11. Baby Breeze 
  12. Children's dishes

Sustainable Point

None of these items were new. All items were from second hand stores, or were hand me downs or were from online marketplaces.. so the cost was very low to get set up.

When I don't need the items, They go into the closet and are tucked away.

Tuck items away in the closet when not neededTuck items away in the closet when not needed

Be sure to grab some children's dishes from the discount store as well. It helps to reduce any type of breaking of your nicer dishes. Even cuter as a gift if you know the child's name and can pick up a personalized cup!

69238540312__5AF33BBE-419F-4B73-98CA-28549E630A15.jpeg

Join in and share the joy of hosting little people, It really is a great way to help improve your listings, when the parents know they don't have to bring the entire house with them!!

Jennifer Schnier
1 Best Answer
Felicity11
Manly, Australia

Brilliant article @Jennifer3225  I agree having a few family friendly amenities for visiting families makes such a huge difference to the enjoyment of your guests.  A little thought and time to prep can go a long way! 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jennifer3225 ,

Thank you so much for sharing a bundle of helpful advice on child-friendly amenities!

I am sure, many Hosts would find this guide useful and be able to implement many of your suggestions🙌

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jennifer3225
Port Severn, Canada

Hi @Bhumika  and @Stephanie

Have a look at my guidebook here for more resources that might help other hosts to spell out clearly what they offer to their guests. 

@Stephanie @Bhumika We have a great barrier we use for the stairs, that has not failed us yet. 

Here is my guidebook. Feel free to copy and paste as you like.

Crib Shot PNG.png

https://www.airbnb.ca/s/guidebooks?refinement_paths[]=/guidebooks/3128933&s=67&unique_share_id=1dc51... 

Jennifer Schnier
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jennifer3225 

As a guest I sometimes struggle to find listings that are even safe for my toddler let along come equipped so well prepared for them. It is my number one requirement when booking, as a young family, that there's a baby gate on the stairs and a travel cot. The others are nice to haves for me - a bonus that would definitely make a good experience GREAT!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Felicity11
Manly, Australia

Brilliant article @Jennifer3225  I agree having a few family friendly amenities for visiting families makes such a huge difference to the enjoyment of your guests.  A little thought and time to prep can go a long way!