Do you use artwork in your listing? Show us! โ€Œ๐ŸŽจโ€Œ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Do you use artwork in your listing? Show us! โ€Œ๐ŸŽจโ€Œ

Artwork - Airbnb.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Artwork can truly transform the personality of a space. Whether itโ€™s natural landscapes ๐Ÿž, cityscapes ๐Ÿ™, pieces by famous artists ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽจ, or even your own creations ๐ŸŒŸ, they all add a unique touch ๐ŸŽจ.

A few months ago, our Host @Robin4 started a fantastic thread called ๐Ÿ‘‰Show us your projects and artworks! This inspired me to kick off this discussion. Do you use artwork in your listing? If so, what kind?

I would love to see some photos in response to this thread ๐Ÿ“ธ

Have a great day.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

30 Replies 30

I donโ€™t, but I think I will consider including that. Itโ€™s a great idea!!

IMG_4230.jpeg

โ€ƒ

IMG_4229.jpeg

I made this string art for the living room 

โ€ƒ

Anna-Svava0
Level 2
Laugarรกs, Iceland

I have original art by my husband รšlfar ร–rn in our cottages. Paintings, screenprint, drawings and glass sculpures. We also have an art gallery. IMG_5186.jpgIMG_5045.jpgIMG_3847.jpgIMG_5149.jpgIMG_5219.jpgIMG_3903 (1).JPGIMG_3787.jpg

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What a beautiful place, @Anna-Svava0 ! I love the ambiance created by the colours and decor ๐Ÿ˜

Your husband is very talentedโ€”congratulations ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŽ‰!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3106
Level 2
Warrington, United Kingdom

Hi. Yes I bought a couple of original prints from a local charity shop, who commission them

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Helen3106 

Oh, that's interesting ๐Ÿ˜Š! I would love to see some of these original prints. Would you like to share any of them?

Regards ๐ŸŽจ

-----

Jenny473
Level 2
Paradise Valley, Canada

I feature two local artistsโ€™ work in my listing. One is a painter and the other a potter. I have a hanging macrame planter in the space, and mugs made by the potter.   I asked the potter to create mugs that evoke a sense of sand and water, for my space which has a beachy vibe to it.  I also offer to connect guests with either artist, for studio visits, or to purchase some mugs for souvenirs. I enjoy offering experiences  to my guests, as part of their stay!   The most popular experience is meeting my chickens. I introduce guests to my small flock of heritage hens that lay a variety of uniquely coloured eggsโ€ฆblue, green, speckled dark brown, etc. I show the guests how to hand feed the hens and also how to hold them, if they like! Both adults and kids really love this. As well, for kids, we have a really long zip line on our property, that we invite the kids to come to use. My tiny homes offer much more than really confortable beds, and guests love this! 

Jenny473
Level 2
Paradise Valley, Canada

IMG_1444.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jenny473 

Wow, you truly offer a whole experience at your Airbnb ๐Ÿ˜! The paintings and ceramics look spectacular, and it's such a great idea to connect guests with local artists. I must confess, I've never seen eggs in those colours before ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. Your guests must really enjoy their experience at your place. Do they usually mention this in their reviews?

Thank you so much for sharing ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ’•

-----

Jenny473
Level 2
Paradise Valley, Canada

IMG_2311.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Jenny473
Level 2
Paradise Valley, Canada

IMG_1346.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Karen3592
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Love birds acrylic on canvasLove birds acrylic on canvasA birds eye view, acrylic pourA birds eye view, acrylic pourAzure the massager of hope and loveAzure the massager of hope and loveHummingbird and flowersHummingbird and flowersI like to use my own art in the cottage. I rotate my pictures quite often. These are acrylics done with pouring medium. Sometimes I add my watercolors and sometimes I add my oil paintings. I have actually taught art to some of my guests. They get a thrill taking home artwork that they have created during their stay. Some guests like to purchase a piece of art from me that they see in the cottage. My theme right now is birds associated with our garden cottage. We have many birdfeeders and bird baths in our yard. It is a nice spring time feeling. I like to encourage our guests to sit and relax in the yard while watching the hummingbirds feed. Or the Sage phoebes, finches and Orioles take baths.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hola @Karen3592 ๐Ÿ˜Š Wow, these acrylics are beautiful ๐Ÿ˜! They definitely add a fantastic touch to your listing.

Congratulations, and thank you so much for sharing๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿฆ

-----

I do, though the artist is not local. Excuse the untucked bed. lolExcuse the untucked bed. lola2568f7e-9466-44cc-a9e9-249896af0111.jpeg

I'm so glad you brought this up, @Paula ๐ŸŽจ

We are super spoiled in that I have an artist in the family and she has done all the art in our listings!What's even more wonderful is that we have in our guest book that if they fall in love with a painting during their stay they are all available for purchase - and we've sold many that way! But this could be something any host could do by finding a local artist to partner with to showcase their work.

Before Airbnb, she would often ask coffee shops or lobby areas (like doctor waiting rooms) to hang her art for free so she would get the exposure and the space would get unique artwork. If they were willing to take payment on her behalf she'd give them a commission or just leave a contact number and have buyers reach out to her directly. So if you have a listing that needs some character I'd highly recommend finding a local artist that may be open to this arrangement. The only real downside is that if there is a high turnover of art that features prominently in a room you may need to take updated listing pictures more frequently! If anyone is interested in hearing more about this let me know.

๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŽจIf you'd like to meet our artist, she's here: https://www.luzinluck.com/

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 18.26.01.png

โ€ƒ

Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 18.21.12.png

โ€ƒ